Main Menu

James Redington, gone

Started by paulvonscott, 10 July, 2007, 03:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

It's quite a shock to the system to hear that someone as young as James, 28, has died from heart failure.

James had his own small press comic outfit called Portent Comics, he put out some really nice comics and plugged away along with the rest of us.

I met him through the stalls, where we were next to each other at one of the London Winterfests and he also filmed the awards where a comic I was involved with won, and was kind enough to send me a copy of it afterwards.  

We met many times over the years trading small chat, comics and pleasantries as many of us in the small press do.  My main regret is that I didn't know him better, or have the chance to share more than a few words with him the last time we met.  After all, I was always going to bump into him again, wasn't I?

I always thought he was a great guy and I'm sure he would have had a great future ahead of him.  Very sad.

Link: http://www.downthetubes.net/news_archive/2007/07july2007.html#portent" target="_blank">The news, today.

Richmond Clements

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Bart Oliver

It's a truly shame when that happens.

I lost a university friend at 23. Shared a passion for graphic art and comicbook illustration and a studio space for three years, then 18 months later- gone.

What grieves me as much as knowing we'll never get to catch up is the fact he'll never get the chance to fulfill his ambition of pursuing a career within the comics industry as he was good and committed and it would have been a real possibility.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Peter Wolf

I lost one of my best friends a few years ago very suddenly.    

He was one of the few who understood where i was coming from.

He was early 30s.

I miss this person constantly.

I am quite matter of fact about the death itself in an emotional way but its the lost potential and the fact they are no longer here, and the unfairness of it all that is more difficult but thats just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunatly.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

-Dunk!-

Dan Kelly

Saw the announcement in LITG but hadn't realised he was so young.  Condolences to all who knew and loved him...