Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

it will be 12 months next Monday,

With a new fan poster I created, with Jock style of Dredd, been email Jock the poster first, then got his reply "Ha, thats brilliant goaty. Cheers!" :-)

JOE SOAP

Send it to Danny Cannon and Stallone too.

ED GRIMREAPER

SKD

12 months, that's almost a year! Great poster Goaty :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Really kicks ass! :D

Stew.

Psidude

outstanding i hate that shit house film lol :lol: :lol:

Judge Palmer

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM
it will be 12 months next Monday,

With a new fan poster I created, with Jock style of Dredd, been email Jock the poster first, then got his reply "Ha, thats brilliant goaty. Cheers!" :-)

Loving the poster Goaty, so good I thought I would post it up again  :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Cool poster!

I know this film isn't out yet, but I already hope it gets a sequel. I would really like to see Lance Henriksen as Dredd though. He has a booming voice but isn't in a lot of good movies these days. Perhaps if it was set when dredd is much older and meaner, it would justify using a different actor.

Michaelvk

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 09 September, 2011, 05:20:33 PM
Cool poster!

I know this film isn't out yet, but I already hope it gets a sequel. I would really like to see Lance Henriksen as Dredd though. He has a booming voice but isn't in a lot of good movies these days. Perhaps if it was set when dredd is much older and meaner, it would justify using a different actor.

Don't you want to see how Karl's Dredd works first? I've seen it, it's not bad at all.. I too am hoping for a sequel :)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah, I want to see how Karl Urban's dredd is, and I think/hope it will be cool. But if there were to be a sequel, how many dredd movies are there gonna be? Different actors every time I say.

JOE SOAP

3 films have been tentatively planned.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 September, 2011, 01:51:16 AM
3 films have been tentatively planned.

Allon Reich, one of Dredd's producers, is on record in an interview with Variety  magazine, wherein he stated they were aiming for a potential "three-picture" franchise, and also, Andrew MacDonald, another of Dredd's producers has stated that writer Alex Garland already had a number of ideas for sequels (if they happen), taken together, it certainly sounds like the Dredd production team are probably already thinking seriously about potential sequel storylines, my vote is still on Judge Death in either the second or third film, and probably a Block War in the second, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, roll on 21/9/12...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Fuzzed

A different actor every time? So everyone can angst and whine about it every single bloody time? Seriously? Yeah, no thanks. I know I know I know, what's a forum for but to angst and whine, you say. Fine. *grumps* Just putting forth my tuppenny.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the norm to operate under a trilogy 'contract' these days, ie, actors agreeing to return should there be more and so on. Read that somewhere, or saw an interview, or both. Might even have been here. Doesn't really guarantee sequels.

I was reading up about box office and finance etc on one of the comic sites and it's quite frightening how well a film has to do to get a sequel. Makes it even more amazing that there was a Serenity movie.

Goaty

Well if anyone interesting, as the new Dredd's director, his first film (well he did many tv programmes!) called Vantage Point, it is on Five at 8.05pm tonight, it not bad, but well action.

vzzbux

Well I hope a sequel follows. The Spiderman reboot already has a sequel penned apparently.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 11 September, 2011, 07:29:39 PM
Well if anyone interesting, as the new Dredd's director, his first film (well he did many tv programmes!) called Vantage Point, it is on Five at 8.05pm tonight, it not bad, but well action.

His first film is really Omagh, although a feature film produced for TV, is much better.