Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Attention citizens! Prepare yourselves for the definitive collection of the ultimate Lawman of the Future – Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection is launching on 21st January!

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection is a fortnightly collection of classic stories from the UK's biggest comic character, brought to you by Hachette Partworks and 2000 AD.

You can subscribe online now and get subscriber-only exclusive free gifts at www.judgedreddcollection.com make sure you check out the six specially commissioned artworks only available to subscribers.

Issue one will be available at all good newsagents in the UK and Ireland from on 21st January.

The series begins with Judge Dredd: America by John Wagner and Colin MacNeil, which is regularly cited as the greatest Judge Dredd story of all time.

This is the definitive collection of Judge Dredd and his world, packaged in beautifully produced hardback editions whose spines, once assembled, form a special brand new image that will bring the law to any fan's bookshelves.

With stories that have never before been reprinted, the Mega Collection will give a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the development of classic characters, scenes and storylines with:
-   specially commissioned feature content exploring Dredd's world
-   interviews with the creators
-   previously unseen sketches and designs

The Mega Collection will feature the most famous Judge Dredd stories such as The Cursed Earth, The Apocalypse War, and Necropolis alongside newer series such as Origins and Day of Chaos, plus incredible stories and insane characters from the world beyond the walls of Mega-City One.

Created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, for 38 years Judge Dredd has been the mainstay of the legendary weekly comic 2000 AD. Policing the vast megalopolis of Mega-City One that stretches down the east coast of America in the 22nd Century, Judge Dredd wields the powers of judge, jury, and executioner. The Judges rule the city with an iron fist in a satire on the excesses of state power which goes from police procedural to action strip to polemic to sprawling epics in the blink of an eye.

The series has produced some of the biggest British and Irish talent in comics– including Mark Millar, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, Chris Weston, Jock, Frazer Irving, and Brian Bolland. Their imaginative and groundbreaking stories are represented in this glorious new collection, some of them reprinted for the first time.

Whether you're an old school fan looking to relive the classic stories or someone who's looking to explore the world of Mega-City One, grab Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection from newsagents from January or subscribe online now!

FAQs

How many issues are there in the collection?

There are 80 issues in the collection.

How often is the collection published?
The collection will be published every fortnight.

What day will issues be available in the shops?
Issues are available on a Wednesday, every fortnight.

I can't find any issues in the shops – what should I do?
You can ask your newsagent to place a regular order for you so you can pick up your issues from them, or alternatively you can subscribe and receive issues straight to your door. If you start your subscription from issues 1-4 you'll also receive free gifts.

Where is my nearest stockist?
You should be able to pick up your copy from all good newsagents. Alternatively, you can subscribe online and have your issues delivered to your door.

How much does each issue cost?
Issue 1 comes at the special price of £1.99 (€3.99). Premium subscribers pay £2.99 (€4.99).
Issue 2 comes at a special price of £6.99 (€9.99). Premium subscribers pay £7.99 (€10.99).
Issue 3 onwards is priced at £9.99 per issue (€14.99). Premium subscribers £10.99 per issue (€15.99).

How can I get issues if I live outside the UK or Republic of Ireland?
We are sorry, but at the moment we cannot send issues outside the UK and R.O.I. due to licensing restrictions.

How do I subscribe?
You can subscribe in one of 3 ways; online, by telephone on 0844 412 9974, or by post by filling in a subscription form which can be found in issues 1, 2 and 3 of the collection.

How long will it take for my delivery to arrive?
Please allow 28 days from your order confirmation for your issues to be delivered.

What payment methods are available?
Direct Debit, Switch, Maestro, Visa, Delta, Mastercard or via invoice.

When will payments for my subscription be taken?
Payments are only taken once your order has been dispatched. Payments are taken every 4 weeks, and the date will depend upon when you take out your subscription.

Have you received my subscription request - I have not had confirmation?
If you have subscribed online, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of placing your order. If you do not receive this email, please contact our Customer Service Team since there may have been a problem receiving your order, or an error with the email address used on your order form. If you subscribe via post or phone, you will receive a confirmation welcome letter within seven days of us receiving your request to subscribe. This contains your order reference number and details of your subscription. If you haven't received a welcome letter after 10 days, then please contact our Customer Service Team by one of the methods below. If you email the team, please include your name in the subject line.

When will I receive my free gifts?
Subscribers starting with issue 1, you will receive your FREE issue and FREE Replica Judge Dredd® Badge with your second delivery. If you subscribed online you will also receive your FREE Takeaway Mug.
You will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Tin Coasters with your third delivery.
You will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Metal Bookends with your fifth delivery.

Subscribers starting with issues 2, 3, or 4, you will receive your FREE issues and FREE Replica Judge Dredd® Badge with your first delivery. If you subscribed online you will also receive your FREE Takeaway Mug.
You will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Tin Coasters with your second delivery.
You will receive your FREE Judge Dredd® Metal Bookends with your fourth delivery.

Premium subscribers will receive the first limited edition print with issue 10, after which you will receive a print every 14 issues.

Please note, some gifts may be dispatched separately from the issues.

How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel at any time giving 28 days' notice - please contact our Customer Service Team via telephone, post or email. If you contact the team by writing, please include your name and subscription reference.

Can I get the free subscription gifts without subscribing?
No, sorry, but if you'd like to subscribe please go to the website. Please note that gifts are part of a special offer only available to people who start their subscription with issues 1, 2, 3 or 4.

How do I return an issue?
If you are not satisfied with a dispatch, you have the right to return it within 14 (fourteen) days from the day you received it. To exercise this right, simply inform us of your decision by email, telephone, or by sending us the withdrawal form [link: http://www.hachettepartworks.com/media/13676/return-form.pdf] available here. You may send us back the dispatch, at your own cost, without giving any reason and without any penalty. Of course, you will not have to pay for this dispatch. As soon as we have registered the return of the dispatch, your debt will be cancelled. The dispatch must be returned, sealed, with the invoice, where applicable, to the following address:

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection
PO Box 77
Jarrow
NE32 3YH

Please include your subscription number with your parcel. A parcel kept more than 14 calendar days means acceptance and the invoice should be paid promptly.

Are the issues available digitally?
We're sorry, but issues will not be available digitally.

I have already seen issues of this – is this collection different?
As part of our research we tested the first four issues in selected locations in the UK. The 80-volume collection is now launching nationally from issue 1 with a brand new, specially commissioned spine cover.

I subscribed to the test. Do I have to buy issues 1-4 again?
As a test subscriber, you will receive issue 1-4 completely free. You will receive an email to inform you of this and the next steps. If you did not provide an email address when subscribing you will receive a letter by post. If you have not received this by Saturday 20th December 2015, please contact our customer service team via any of the methods below. If you email the team, please include your name and subscription reference in the subject line.

I bought test issues through a retailer. Do I have to buy the issue(s) again?
No, if you email us at judgedredd@jacklinservice.com we will ensure that any issues you purchased are replaced with national issues.

How can I get back issues?
You can order back issues via the Hachette Partwork shop [link: http://www.hachettepartworks.com/shop], or alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Team using one of the methods below. Please note that it can take up to 28 days to deliver your back issues from receiving your request.

I have the wrong issue(s). What should I do?
We will replace all of your issues with the correct issues. In order for us to arrange a replacement, please contact our Customer Service Team by one of the methods below. If you email the team, please include your name and subscription reference in the subject line.

My issue(s) arrived damaged. What should I do?
We will replace any damaged issues. Please contact our Customer Service Team by one of the methods below. If you email the team, please include your name and subscription reference in the subject line.

Why can't I get through on the telephone number given?
We have lots of lines and staff dedicated to helping you, but they can be busy at peak times so please keep trying. Alternatively, please email our Customer Services Team on judgedredd@jacklinservice.com

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Zenith 666

These look gorgeous absolutely gorgeous.those spines better line up Molch-R or they'll be he'll to pay  :)

Colin YNWA

So those of you who've had these before (and I'm sure this has already been discussed so my apologies) what size are the volumes? Are they old Prog sized or smaller?

So very tempted but I own all this stuff... still so very tempted...

Bolt-01

Even if I don't sub I'll be making sure I get copies of America- I know some lapsed Squaxx that would be very happy to see these.

oshii

I'm sure they'll be lovely but I can't justify the storage space and the really quite hefty cost for stuff that I've in most instances already got at least twice.

They do look nice though.

Richard

These look brilliant. I would totally subscribe if I didn't already have so many of them in old editions that I pretty much need to move house to make room for them. But I might get one as a gift.

At least everyone who moaned about spines in this forum can finally feel like they've been listened to! Now you just need to get a shelf that's wide enough for 80 books.

James Stacey

Buttonman

Nice of them to give the trial copies free - it does mean no new volumes until February at the earliest - still some Christmas presents sorted!

radiator

It's bugging me - what's the volume right in the middle? The one numbered 55 that says "The HEA..."?

radiator

Don't think so. The cover is making me think of The Corps.

Ron Smith and Jim Murray makes me think of Father Earth and the Holocaust 12 spin-off series.

'The Heavies' maybe? Themed collection about special squads like The Corps and H12?