Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

Jeepers, some really great stuff here. Keep it rolling in guys.

Simon Beigh

Nice piece Bob - and Bob  :)

I guess it's not strictly a commission, but this is along the same lines as Bob's. I asked Skullmo to have this piece off him the moment he showed me the roughs. And fortunately, he agreed to part with it! It is his entry to the June Art Comp and it now sits proudly in my collection. The Burning Man, a strip that time forgot (but not Ben Willsher, who also pays homage to the story in "The Skinning Room"). How it didn't win, well I just don't know, but the standard in June was phenomenal...

I'm sure Skullmo is open to commission ideas  :D

Sideshow Bob

That's a very nice piece by SkullmoSimeonB.
I liked it in the competition,  but I had never even heard of The Burning Man before, and doesn't 'fit in' with what I'm collecting....but it's still a great piece of artwork....And done 'old style' too !!
There are some amazingly talented artists in this forum.......and there have been some breath taking entries...I'll be watching the Art Competition entries closely,  and if I see something I really like I'll be asking if they are 'up' for doing a commission...
Support our local talent, so to speak...... :D
Thanks as well for the info on how to post pictures SimeonB....as you can see it worked great!!
Cheers...

What a great thread !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

blackmocco

Quote from: ming on 13 July, 2013, 08:14:00 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 13 July, 2013, 06:05:26 PM
My pride and joy...

That really is amazing; something I'll never tire of looking at.  I remember you posting this before so I dug out the link to the thread as it had some interesting background stuff  :lol:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=33037.0

Thanks Ming. It's weird reading my own background to it. I had gotten divorced around that time and had almost convinced myself, completely stupidly, that my ex-wife might have taken it as some kind of f-u. I was so delighted when I found it again. Don't think I don't appreciate how special it is. That's me head Nemesis is holding. "Could be worse". It now hangs over my desk in the house inspiring me when I forget how to draw. (That happens a lot.)
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Frank

Fucking hell, Mick - if there's a comic fan equivalent of the Bling Ring keeping tabs on your whereabouts via social media, that's going to be robbed the next time you post a picture of your Egg McMuffin on facebook. You should have married the girl who delivered that wee beauty.

ming

Quote from: blackmocco on 14 July, 2013, 01:40:18 AMIt now hangs over my desk in the house inspiring me when I forget how to draw. (That happens a lot.)

Glad to hear that you still know where it is, Mick  :D

blackmocco

Quote from: sauchie on 14 July, 2013, 09:12:04 AM

Fucking hell, Mick - if there's a comic fan equivalent of the Bling Ring keeping tabs on your whereabouts via social media, that's going to be robbed the next time you post a picture of your Egg McMuffin on facebook. You should have married the girl who delivered that wee beauty.

Y'know, here's the worst part: I broke her heart about a month later when I moved to Los Angeles and she stayed in Dublin. THEN my now ex-wife hated this artwork because it set such a high benchmark for presents. Hahaha!

In other news actually related to this thread: I'm on Mick McMahon and Eduardo Risso's waiting list for commissions. I've already spoken to Mick and figured out what's going to happen there. Probably won't be til next year as he's busy but I did ask if he'd consider revisiting this bad boy:

As for Risso, same thing - he's very busy and I haven't discussed anything with him yet but I've always thought he'd be perfect as a Dredd artist so pretty excited to see what he comes up with.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

hippynumber1

Superb stuff but don't hold your breath for Mr McMahon, even after he says he's started! He started mine in October last year and hasn't got any further than rough pencils! He's a busy man!  :lol:

Sideshow Bob

I have absolutely No Doubt that it will be well worth the wait, Mark... :D
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Colin YNWA

Quote from: blackmocco on 14 July, 2013, 05:25:48 PM

I've already spoken to Mick and figured out what's going to happen there. Probably won't be til next year as he's busy but I did ask if he'd consider revisiting this bad boy:

You know what about 6 months ago I asked Mike the exact same thing. Alas finances got a little in the way and so I pulled out. So really can't wait to see how good this looks to discover if there are new levels of jealousy I can scale!

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll open with this from Huy Truong and yes, there ain't a JUDGE in sight!!!

I saw Huy's work at one of the cons and his portrait pictures was phenomenal. I also noticed an Iron Man cover commission that he did for a couple, for their wedding, with them both in it and it looked superb. That got me thinking and in the end I wanted this cover altered with the family in it. I also stepped down and let Sam be Johnny, seeing as I'd just grew the face fuzz.

At the moment I'm in deep thought about the next and this time it will be Judges!

Steve Green

After seeing Dave Taylor's Robot Archie/Anderson piece I asked him to do an Anderson commission, also sent him some pics from the Planet Replicas shoot.

blackmocco

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 July, 2013, 07:57:20 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 14 July, 2013, 05:25:48 PM

I've already spoken to Mick and figured out what's going to happen there. Probably won't be til next year as he's busy but I did ask if he'd consider revisiting this bad boy:

You know what about 6 months ago I asked Mike the exact same thing. Alas finances got a little in the way and so I pulled out. So really can't wait to see how good this looks to discover if there are new levels of jealousy I can scale!

I'm a huge dinosaur nut and I really wanted something with Satanus but someone had already beaten me to it. Considered Golgotha and Hammerstein but figured this'd be a better shot.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Dr Feeley Good

A few of my commissions,all been shown before but not in one place.........

Dr Feeley Good