Is there any satire in this film?

Started by ABCwarBOT, 19 June, 2012, 06:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 19 June, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
Quote from: klute on 19 June, 2012, 06:56:04 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 19 June, 2012, 06:47:26 PM
Like in the comics?

I'm not sure i'd want to see satire in the film personally........BUTTTTTTTT as long as the damn film is released,i get to see it,it's arsom then i could care less about the satire :)

I am a self respecting

Why any self respecting Dredd fan wouldn't want to see some satire in the film is beyond me.    It'll just be a straight action film otherwise.

I am a self respecting  Dredd fan and no i'm not interested in satire there was enough of that with Stallone's pile of shite if i wanted satire i'd what american pie 50 or whatever it is that's currently doing the round's.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: klute on 20 June, 2012, 02:34:25 PM
Like in the comics?

I'm not sure i'd want to see satire in the film personally........BUTTTTTTTT as long as the damn film is released,i get to see it,it's arsom then i could care less about the satire :)

I am a self respecting

Why any self respecting Dredd fan wouldn't want to see some satire in the film is beyond me.    It'll just be a straight action film otherwise.

I am a self respecting  Dredd fan and no i'm not interested in satire there was enough of that with Stallone's pile of shite if i wanted satire i'd what american pie 50 or whatever it is that's currently doing the round's.

Was there?   I can't remember much satire in Stallones film.   I haven't seen it for years so if there is any please remind me.

So you just want a straightforward action flick then....even though satire's been a big part of Dredd from the beginning?

Bubba Zebill

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was there?   I can't remember much satire in Stallones film.   I haven't seen it for years so if there is any please remind me.

So you just want a straightforward action flick then....even though satire's been a big part of Dredd from the beginning?
[/quote]

That was shat-ire not satire.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Hoagy

Wow. Am I in the wrong here? JUst seems that anyone liking the film is a dissenting voice to you and the nitpickers and are dismissed as fanboys and idiots. I know this is a boring threadjacking post but I just had voice me only now near repaired feelings about the the subject. Just because I like what I like about it I get dismissed as a rosy spectacled flibbedyjibbet who can't say yay about anything. I thought this was the nicest place on the web but obviously I'm not a real fan.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

klute

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 June, 2012, 06:42:34 PM
Like in the comics?

I am a self respecting

Yeah i do want a straightforward action film.I'd rather they missed out the satire.Stallone's Judge Dredd was horrid and the less said about Rob Schneider the better.

QuoteWas there?   I can't remember much satire in Stallones film.

Oh yeah there was a bucket load it's hard to miss.

Frank

Satire isn't the same thing as comedy.

klute

Quote from: bikini kill on 20 June, 2012, 07:21:16 PM
Satire isn't the same thing as comedy.

Indeed......some one should have told danny cannon that.

Misanthrope

The very nature of Dredd is satire. He was created as a backlash to Thatcherite Britain.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

klute

Quote from: Misanthrope on 20 June, 2012, 07:24:56 PM
The very nature of Dredd is satire. He was created as a backlash to Thatcherite Britain.

Indeed i just feel personally FOR ME i'd prefer the less is more approach to satire

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: klute on 20 June, 2012, 07:16:18 PM
Like in the comics?

I am a self respecting

Yeah i do want a straightforward action film.I'd rather they missed out the satire.Stallone's Judge Dredd was horrid and the less said about Rob Schneider the better.

Where's this satire in the Stallone film then?    Please refresh me as I haven't seen it for a long time and I can't really remember there being any.

klute

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 June, 2012, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: klute on 20 June, 2012, 07:16:18 PM
Like in the comics?

I am a self respecting

Where's this satire in the Stallone film then?    Please refresh me as I haven't seen it for a long time and I can't really remember there being any.

Is this a wind up??

Frank

The very nature of Dredd is satire. He was created as a backlash to Thatcherite Britain

Thatcher wasn't elected until 1979. Precognition is not one of Wagner's many talents.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've just checked IMDB and there's no such actor called Any Satire
You may quote me on that.

Misanthrope

Quote from: bikini kill on 20 June, 2012, 07:36:42 PM
The very nature of Dredd is satire. He was created as a backlash to Thatcherite Britain

Thatcher wasn't elected until 1979. Precognition is not one of Wagner's many talents.

I beg to differ.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Hoagy

Quote from: pops1983 on 20 June, 2012, 07:39:02 PM
I've just checked IMDB and there's no such actor called Any Satire

Have you tried N. E. Satire?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract