Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Noticed there is an error with the Recovering Cloudcleaver quest.

I encountered Hlormar Wine-Sot  very early on... while I had no heal companion spell. He died beating off one too many psychopathic cliff racers...

(He really did enjoy fisting them)

But when I finally met Sosia Caristiana she still things he is alive & well & following me.

(should be a dialogue option "because of your stupid "lession lady, the barbarian you stole the weapon from has died. Hope your happy with yourself. Idiot!")

jackstarr

This is the sort of bug that is usually (and may well be) fixed by the Unofficial Morrowind Patches.

There are so many variables in the order in which players do things in quests that it's very easy to overlook certain variables when coding, and the vast majority of players wouldn't encounter every situation - I've never encountered the issue you've described in what must be thousands of hours worth of playing Morrowind over the past decade.  (I did this quest many times - and even recreated the naked nord quest as a mod for Skyrim).  Luckily this sort of quest fix is easy to do in the Construction Set, so I'd be very surprised if someone hasn't made a patch/mod to fix this by now.

If you don't want to download a patch, you'll just have to make do with the quest being bugged.  I wouldn't worry too much - there are plenty of other quests you can be getting on with instead!

The Doctor Alt 8

I know that I will have to contract the dreaded corpus disease as part of the quest cycle... I am only at level 62 and am working hard to gain 100 on all the magic schools (Hard as the trainers in conjuration and restoration will only train temple members and I haven't joined them)

I am running out of quests..

I have completed all the mage guild quests... and have been given leadership of the guild.

I have to gain another promotion before I get asked to Remove Sjoring's Supporters: Kill a pair of corrupted Fighters Guild members.
Kill Hard-Heart: Kill the Master of the Fighters Guild in Vivec

even though I have bought training in a number of skills... it isn't enough...

The only Blades quest I have left is the one that will mean me contracting the corpus disease .. and hoping that I will be cured in order to fulfill the Neverine prophesy

I also have yet to work out...

How to meet up with the living god emperor...
How to get acknowledged as a "mouth" for all three great houses... (another essential for this prophesy... I stupidly joined House Hlaau first, so I can't join the others.

What next? I seem to have done most of the minor side quests...

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh for Gruds sake what will it take to get the Canneron Tong to attack you? Apart from the smith who I disposed of... Non of the others will rise to taunting or intimidation... And if I just attack them I end up with a very high bounty on my head!

Theblazeuk

Get Bloodmoon expansion. Visit an island off the coast of Skyrim.

Become a werewolf.

Or hell, stay on Vvardenfell and contract vampirism. That can be fun.

jackstarr

Or how about just going out exploring?

I bet you've still got huge chunks of the map that haven't been uncovered yet.  There's plenty of hand-placed unique loot to be found in out-of-the-way places, as well as more chance of finding some decent levelled loot.

Once I'd completed all the quests I could find in towns, I went wandering off the beaten path, checking where I was on the map and making sure I'd been absolutely everywhere...and sure enough, there were still some interesting places to find.

Theblazeuk

I just went wandering as soon as I could hit things without falling over. Found the merchant mudcrab all on me own

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh hell no. NOW I have lost the INVANTORY LIST. donno how I did it... nor how to get it back and the Almsivi / divine intervention spell dose not work either. (I have an amulet for both) Is it because I travelled inside the Ghostfence... I left now but it still dose not work.

jackstarr

Don't worry, it's easily done.  You probably just clicked on the "x" on that window by mistake and closed the inventory menu.

Just click on your equipped weapon icon to bring back the inventory menu.

If it happens with any of the other menus, click on your health/magicka/fatigue bars to bring up your stats menu, click on your mini-map to bring up your map menu, and click on your equipped magic spell for your magic menu.

Are your amulets out of magicka?  In Morrowind, items are charged (there's a blue line underneath them) - when they're out of juice you won't be able to use them without recharging.  This goes for enchanted weapons too - they'll still do physical damage, but not magical damage. 

If your amulet is out of magicka, you'll need to start doing some enchanting.  To do so, you'll need a soul gem filled with a soul...http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Enchant/

The Doctor Alt 8

Thanks for that!  Went after & got Azura's star but not sure what I can do with it....

Now also been given the last of the fighter guilds quest... But as I am already arch mage on Vicece 's orders won't being nominated as head of this guild to be a bit daft ( should I succeed in killing Edris fire eyes and the Orc leader of Vivices guild branch ) And won't I get a bounty on my head? I am no good at getting others to attack me after a good taunting. ( Must work on my Outrageous French accent).

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 17 December, 2013, 12:16:35 PM
Thanks for that!  Went after & got Azura's star but not sure what I can do with it....

In Oblivion and Skyrim 'Azuras Star' acts as a re-usable 'Greater Soul Gem'. Any souls you trap can be used to recharge magic weapons/items.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Doctor Alt 8

Dispite having an enchant skill of 100, ( and that took a lot of effort) I haven't had much luck in actually making / recharging items. Most of my enchanted objects do no appear in the recharge menu and the levitation ring I made Used to work normally but now whenever I wear it there is this dreadful sound form the speakers as if it hinting that my feet are scrapping across the ground....!

I found a cave entrance with no name... And it wouldn't let me enter...

jackstarr

Quotewhenever I wear it there is this dreadful sound form the speakers as if it hinting that my feet are scrapping across the ground....!
Yep, that's the "magic failed" sound, which also applies when you're out of charge.

Do you have plenty of souls left in your soul gems (or in Azura's star)?

It might be that the item you're trying to recharge it too high a level for the type of soul you're trying to recharge it with.

Try activating a grand or greater soul gem (or Azura's star filled with greater or grand) from your inventory menu, then select recharge when it comes up with the usual enchant/charge option.

mogzilla

I had this on my xbox 360 but it was very slow I was temted to try it on my laptop but wondered how easy is it to set up my xbox controller to play it?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.