Main Menu

2000ad on Deviantart

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 14 December, 2010, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Can't remember if I mentioned this... I probably did, but it's worth repeating: erstwhile droid Simon Jacob is posting some utterly lovely stuff on dA of late...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

Good call Jim, I hadn't spotted that!

His stuff is glorious:

Hawkmumbler

CrazyFoxMachine

Cor it's been a while since I posted in this thread - Chris Blythe regularly puts up some really good stuff on DevArt but the real shocker recently has been Simon Jacob doing a Dredd commission!

shaolin_monkey

I've finally got stuff worth posting up on Deviant Art (mostly 2000AD related), so have done some updates and stuff on it.

If you're interested you can check out my profile here:

http://scowlingmonkey.deviantart.com/

As well as the recent clay stuff some of my sketches re Dredd etc are on here, for example the Dredd/Calvin and Hobbes mash-up.  I don't rate the drawings particularly (it seems clay is my medium) but hopefully at least one will give you a laugh.

CrazyFoxMachine

The amazing Tom Foster has (presumably quite painstakingly) uploaded every page of his megazine stories up on DevArt - go and bask in his inks they're utterly spectacular:

http://tomrfoster.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hawkmumbler

Now see, how much more gorgeous would Storm Warning have been in B/W?!

Loved looking at those pages at TB, and Tom's a real star.

amines2058

Same here Hawkmonger, I thought the black and white suited the story better. It reminded me of the old David Roach Anderson stories (with a hint of Bolland & Cliff Robinson thrown in!).
Cracking artwork from a very talented newcomer!

Colin YNWA

Hold on, hold on. Looking at the art I just assumed it was digital. Not sure why but it just never crossed me mind that it was pen and ink. Go figure.

Have to be honest wish it had stayed in black and white. I think those scans give the art a physical cohesion I found lacking in the printed version.

Thanks for posting absolutely fascinating.

Fungus

A huge talent, got to think his next prog/meg work will be in glorious B & W if Tharg is listening.