Main Menu

What do you think/hope Dredd will/should sound like?

Started by MR. ELIMINATOR, 04 August, 2011, 03:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

I had my doubts when I first heard Karl Urban was gonna be Judge Dredd, but only because I didn't think he had a big enough chin. But seeing the pictures, he scowls pretty good.

But now I am hoping he can sound as badass as he looks. I don't actually know what Dredd is supposed to sound like, but in my mind it would be like that of someone who puts whiskey on his cereal (which is the broken glass from the bottle) and smokes 60 cigarettes every half hour.

Actors with cool voices that come to mind are Lance Henriksen or Michael Madsen.

Karl Urban played an elf.

Also, I wonder what accent he will have.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie's long imagined Dredd to sound just like former Australian Competition and Consumer Commision chair
Quote from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0m2JMb1mfYAlan Fels
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Beaky Smoochies

Watch The Two Towers, especially the scene when Aragon, Gimili, and Legolas meet Karl 'Eomer' Urban on the plains of Rohan, and he says in a deep and booming voice, "what's a dwarf, an elf, and a man doing in the (something or other)... SPEAK QUICKLY!"  He's wearing a helmet when he says that, and it is completely Dredd right there... THAT'S what he'll sound like, I guarantee it!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

radiator

Can we start merging all these movie threads? It's getting a bit silly.

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 04 August, 2011, 09:38:08 AM
Can we start merging all these movie threads? It's getting a bit silly.
No. That would make it far less entertaining to try and find a specific thread to resurrect every time the film's on telly in five years time.

Also, I think Dredd should sound like an F15 flying below enemy radar at MACH 2.
We never really die.

Noisybast

I think Dredd should sound like a particularly irascible granite slab after several nights of interrupted sleep.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Wils

Dredd should sound like John Inman and the Lawmaster computer should be based on Stanley Unwin.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Gungnir

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 04 August, 2011, 03:20:39 AM
Karl Urban played an elf.

He actually played Eomer - Marshal of the Riddermark - basically a viking on horseback. He also played badasses in 'Doom' and 'The Ridicules of Chronic' 'The Chronicles of Riddick'. As well as providing a sterling turn as Dr. McCoy in the new Star Trek film.  He'll do fine.

Mudcrab

If you'll permit an 80s-ism, he should sound like Bale's Batman... NOT!!!

I have no idea how Dredd should sound. Not like Stallone obviously and I was never quite sure about the audio ones, though Toby was excellent, just not quite right for a film.

A commanding voice with a gravelly touch, much like descibed above, something Mr Urban should manage pretty well.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Goaty

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

dracula1

Abit of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry or some of the man with no name's vocal style may work perhaps?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 04 August, 2011, 07:20:54 AM
Watch The Two Towers, especially the scene when Aragon, Gimili, and Legolas meet Karl 'Eomer' Urban on the plains of Rohan, and he says in a deep and booming voice, "what's a dwarf, an elf, and a man doing in the (something or other)... SPEAK QUICKLY!" 

Ah yes, now that I think about it more, he was a rather pissed off elf.

JayzusB.Christ

Still my favourite live-action Dredd voice - maybe a wee bit too quiet, but with just the right amount of Dirty Harry-style menace.  Can't imagine the game was any use mind you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2E5_8QCykQ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"