Main Menu

New Judge Dredd Partwork! (Judge Dredd Mega Collection)

Started by iutley, 04 September, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 January, 2015, 05:56:29 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 16 January, 2015, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2015, 12:23:48 PM
Turns out eBay's a good bet. I got mine for cover price and free postage from this seller. The thing showed up shrink-wrapped, wrapped again in brown paper, and tightly packed inside thick card.

Cheers, I definitely want to pick this particularly issue up.

Will try Easons first this evening though, they normally sell these for 13 Euro.

Easons seem to have moved on to Maddrox the Multiple Man, at a hefty €15something.

Double d'oh.
Still, you saved me a trip to The Pyramid.

To EBay!

Link Prime

I've dropped John in Big Bang a line about it.
They've just sold out of the Howard The Duck collection, but can re-order on request.
Probably the cheapest option, taking EBay postage fees into account (cheaper than Easons too).

SmallBlueThing

I got my Howard from A Place In Space too.  In fact,  I try to buy most of my comics from them (and East Coast Comics).  Never had a problem with either shop,  packaging is sensible, communication is excellent.
I do sometimes find that aPiS is slightly slower than Excited- comics ordered Wednesday afternoon can arrive as late as the following Tuesday, whereas with ecc I tend to get them Saturday latest. But I'm very aware this may be due to the eldritch machinations of the postal service. 

My new America arrived,  but I've yet to take it out of the shrink wrap. 

SBT

NSFTM

Quote from: NSFTM on 14 January, 2015, 08:15:26 PM
I'm getting a Tad annoyed with them to be honest (the following is NSFW)

i subbed as soon as i found out about it (rather proudly sub number 32)

i got a letter through saying that my account /payment was blocked ..contacted the bank to find out what the problem was

they said there was no problem.. so i contact the Hachette and confirmed my detials again, and they confirmed that it looked alright and put it through again

i then got the first 2 issues  quickly followed by a the third.

then i got a nice email telling me that i was getting them for free and that my subscription would continue uninterrupted when the new run started.

then they announced their premium sub , with the nice prints.. i thought i'll have a bit of that.. so contacted them three times via their website..no word

then contacted them via facebook.. to be told that my account was blocked again(something to do with missing digits on my bank card?) and that they had to set up a new account for me and that it would start from issue 2.. but i had to contact them again to give them my card details

i recieved no correspondence to tell me there was a problem , either via email or by post

as you can imagine i am rightly fucked off with them, i signed up to it the day the news broke and now i'm gonna be one issue down on the new spines. , and spend my days chasing them up to give them my money.. you would think they would have been quite keen

i appreciate that they gave me the first three for free, but the lack of correspondence infuriates me coupled with what correspondence i have received is obviously inaccurate

so tomorrow i'll be on the phone to them again..to try and sort it out..

one bit of good news is that my new sub number is 871.. so uptake seems decent enough

Imagine my surprise when issue 1 turned up this morning on my old sub number.. so i may have to 2 subscriptions.. great
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Satanist

Is this out in the wild yet? Looked in a few places today and not a sniff.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

robert_ellis

It's in WHSmiths in Reading train station but well hidden

Satanist

Tried 2 Smiths, FP and then eventually found it in my fourth newsagent. Very nice indeed.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Zanti Misfit

Found it in my local little newsagent,(North Finchley), stacked next to the Millennium Falcon Partwork and some other build and collect mag. Absolutely love it, though where I'm going to store all 82 parts, I've no idea. Mrs Misfit (who, incidentally, loves the black/white/red design simplicity of the front and back covers) has offered to make space on our bookshelves by giving all her cookery books to charity.  No, we just need a much bigger flat.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 23 January, 2015, 10:58:59 AM
Tried 2 Smiths, FP and then eventually found it in my fourth newsagent. Very nice indeed.
There's a pile in the newsagent at the end of Cathcart Road. I'll probably give in and buy one with Saturday's Guardian.
We never really die.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

aceface11

Not central per se, but Victoria station Smiths had them in a metal stand when I visited on Thurs. I managed to grab the last but one copy, must have been popular by looks of things?

Quote from: Skullmo on 24 January, 2015, 12:14:04 PM
Still not seen it in any shops in Central London

Buttonman

There were 4 in the WH Smiths in Fort William yesterday - they were hidden away in a box next to a pile of knitting partworks. Due prominence was achieved by the Street Team.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tombo

Quick question, will the older stories (I'm looking at you Block Mania and Apocalypse War) be all in black and white (like the Case Files) or will they have the colour centrespreads?