Main Menu

Prog 2102 - Quick on the Jaw!

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 October, 2018, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

As Colin YNWA said this prog is superb.

Really an excellent cover by mister dependable (Cliff Robinson)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Goosegash

Heh, when I saw Dave Hine was back in the fold over on the Megazine I thought, "Blimey, what next, will Peter Hogan make a comeback?" And there he is!

It's interesting that Tharg seems to be mending bridges with some of the writers who got shown the door under the nineties "Year Zero" regime.

I'm fully expecting Hilary Robinson to announce a return next.

norton canes

Not much to add really - completely in accord with the general consensus that it's all good in the prog right now. Skip Tracer gets TOP THRILL this week for finally blossoming into a strip where the story has as much panache as the artwork.

If I had one criticism it would be that The Small House is packing in so much continuity, it must be difficult for anyone who for whom 2100 actually was a jumping-on prog.

Magnetica

Quote from: norton canes on 11 October, 2018, 09:19:48 AM
If I had one criticism it would be that The Small House is packing in so much continuity, it must be difficult for anyone who for whom 2100 actually was a jumping-on prog.

I know it can feel like that, but all the info needed to catch up is in the story and the synopsis in the Nerve Centre.

e.g Smiley is running covert Judges, they are using tech based on stuff discovered on Enceladus, Dredd has a band of Judges working with him to track them down.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 October, 2018, 02:24:21 PM

Can somebody with better webfu that me scan and post that first panel in Dredd where Gurthie names me twice? I'd love to use it as a avatar.

ANYONE?
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 October, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

Can somebody with better webfu that me scan and post that first panel in Dredd where Gurthie names me twice? I'd love to use it as a avatar.

ANYONE?

Multiversity to the rescue - they've got an image of just that frame!
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news-columns/multiver-city-one-2102/

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 11 October, 2018, 01:05:09 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 October, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

ANYONE?

Multiversity to the rescue - they've got an image of just that frame!
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news-columns/multiver-city-one-2102/

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

eeek! meant  Ex-SJS Gerhart not Guthrie, is he still running a prison block :-*
DDT did a job on me

Richard

DrJomster

Wonderful proggage this week, yet again!

Basically, it's all good! And I'm talking all five cylinders good.

Gorgeous cover too.

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

sheridan

Quote from: Goosegash on 11 October, 2018, 07:51:18 AM
Heh, when I saw Dave Hine was back in the fold over on the Megazine I thought, "Blimey, what next, will Peter Hogan make a comeback?" And there he is!

It's interesting that Tharg seems to be mending bridges with some of the writers who got shown the door under the nineties "Year Zero" regime.

I'm fully expecting Hilary Robinson to announce a return next.

Well, Hilary would have been at the 40th, sharing a stall with Nigel Dobbyn, but I believe had to cancel due to illness :-(  They've worked together since though Galina Rim: The Wolf Onboard

maryanddavid

The prog is really running on 4.5 cylinders at the mo, the half missing is for Smiley and Skippy, never could get my head around the Judge in the cupboard. Still, Flint is the McMahon of the moment turning in Sky Chariot quality pages week in week out, what an artist. And even though I'm not a fan of Smiley, The Williams droid knows how to turn in an enjoyable script.

Fiends, Wow! Art, story, perfect. Very European.

Skippy, its fine, lovely art and competently written, just missing something.

Kingdom, continues on as enjoyable as ever.

Brink, if this was 1986, there would be a Titan album series, T-Shirts and signing in Forbidden Planet signings across the land, its that good.

Tiplodocus

Caught up on three progs today... still suffering from thrill power overload... this continues to be great. I think BRINK plays the trick of how to do a continuing story to new readers better than THE SMALL HOUSE but the Dredd is still excellent.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!