Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Arkady on 04 April, 2019, 02:24:22 PM
Just noticed that two payments have been taken for March -1 March and 29 March.
Thereby flatly contradicting the bullshit I was told previously about this, that they cannot take more than one payment per month. (Of course, it was obvious that was rubbish on a four-weekly schedule anyway, which is less than one month in all but one case.)

Arkady

I don't know whether it makes a difference, but I didn't have a payment taken in Feb - or rather I 'back-ordered' in Feb to try to get ahead (which didn't work).

Mattofthespurs

Same here. One payment 1st March and another on the 29th.

moly

bernardsfingers

I'm not sure about everyone else but the account shows 'Direct Debit Payment - Thank you' for the 1st March but the payment actually came out my account on 15th March. Similarly my account shows payment taken on 29th March but the payment is likely to actually leave my account on something like the 12th April. It's pretty consistent I think.

Jade Falcon

I finished reading Nemesis.  I had had the three phone books but sold them a wee while back but it had been a while since reading them.  I sold them since I knew that the collection would cover the same material.  I really must admit that the last few stories were stretching things a bit and it looked as if they wanted a sequel where Purity would end up as Torquemada-Lite, being forced to make compromises.

Sorry though, the photo story was a product of its time but really was cringeworthy.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: bernardsfingers on 04 April, 2019, 06:51:43 PM
I'm not sure about everyone else but the account shows 'Direct Debit Payment - Thank you' for the 1st March but the payment actually came out my account on 15th March. Similarly my account shows payment taken on 29th March but the payment is likely to actually leave my account on something like the 12th April. It's pretty consistent I think.

Exactly the same here. March 29th payment left my account today.

sheridan

For what it's worth (and I realise most of you complaining about delivery times are subscribers) - my copies of the four Nem books arrived yesterday - I ordered them on the day Issue 42 / Nem Vol IV came out: 27/03/2019.

moogie101

Just had latest delivery
41 shakara vol two
42 nemesis vol four

Plus reprint of slaine horned god to correct spine error

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: moogie101 on 08 April, 2019, 11:21:38 AM
Just had latest delivery
41 shakara vol two
42 nemesis vol four

Plus reprint of slaine horned god to correct spine error

Got the same except did not get the reprint... >:(

Dandontdare

To avoid scrolling through 200 pages of this thread to find the helpful timetable someone posted months ago ... can anyone help a poor cherrypicker by telling me when the next Dante book is due?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 April, 2019, 12:26:54 PM
To avoid scrolling through 200 pages of this thread to find the helpful timetable someone posted months ago ... can anyone help a poor cherrypicker by telling me when the next Dante book is due?

August 28th!
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 April, 2019, 12:28:51 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 April, 2019, 12:26:54 PM

August 28th!

Thank you! I keep checking as I'm nervous now about availability. All issues still seem to pop up on eBay but they seem to sell out at Hatchette so there's no back up. I think I'll order it via previews from my comic shop as I'd hate it if I messed up getting the set in Hardcover.

Dandontdare

Ta very much - I thought the next one would be out fairly soon - I usually order them via the FP website

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 April, 2019, 01:14:53 PM
Ta very much - I thought the next one would be out fairly soon

Yeah, it does feel like a bit of a gap - until you find out that Vol 6 is not out until January 2020...!
@jamesfeistdraws