JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

bluemeanie

Quote from: James S on 13 May, 2010, 01:12:56 PM
ARSOM!

What he said!
Cant wait till the first pics start to sneak out and also look forward to the "Win tickets to the premier" competition.... right guys?? Hello?  :D

radiator

Its been mentioned several times that the producers have a certain actor in mind - Wagner stated a while ago:

QuoteI'm not at liberty to name names....but the one I've heard suggested seems an excellent choice. He's got the looks and he's got the voice.

I've heard vague rumours about two particular actors - Gerard Butler and Thomas Jane.

Out of the two, Jane seems the more likely option - Butler is quite a big name these days so is probably out of their price range. Personally I think that's a good thing - he was fun in 300, but the guy can't do a decent American accent and he's been in quite a few stinkers lately.

I haven't seen Jane in anything, so can't really comment, but on the face of it he seems a pretty good choice.

Those that suggest Jason Statham need their heads examined (sorry bluemeanie!) - he would be an awful choice and like Butler can't do the accent.

My personal preference would be Ron Perlman, though again he might be too big a star, and he might also be considered as too old.

Dark Jimbo

Wow! So does this mean... it's actually happening? Really happening?
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

QuoteWow! So does this mean... it's actually happening? Really happening?

It would appear so.

Jock posted this the other day

Quoteglad this news has broke - i've been wanting to let you all know things were still moving forward and to not lose faith but had to bite my lip...

heading up for another meeting with DNA on friday, it's all systems go.

I'm sure there are more potential hurdles for the production to get past and it could still all fall apart (as with any movie in pre-production), but the news so far is very encouraging.

mygrimmbrother

Hope hope hope this turns out to be the Dredd film we've always dreamed of. All the ingredients are there.

Emperor

Quote from: radiator on 13 May, 2010, 03:29:47 PMMy personal preference would be Ron Perlman, though again he might be too big a star, and he might also be considered as too old.

Depends on what point in Dredd's life they go for. It'd be fun to have an older Dredd played by Perlman at the start and the rest of the film play out in flashback. Perlman was born to play Hellboy, of course, but an older Dredd also seems to be his supplementary destiny. ;)

The only thing that might count against Jane is he appeared as Punisher and some actors are wary about playing too many characters from comics (especially as Dredd and Frank Castle have similarities), although I think that is changing now too given the success of Iron Man.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

uncle fester

Quote from: Emperor on 13 May, 2010, 04:40:18 PM
Depends on what point in Dredd's life they go for. It'd be fun to have an older Dredd played by Perlman at the start and the rest of the film play out in flashback.

Well if you went down that route, wouldn't it just be an idea to go straight for Clint Eastwood?

dracula1

Jane has the muscle and the chin, he'd be the perfect choice (not to heavy on the $45 mill' budget either)!

Peter Wolf

That all sounds like good news but it would be good if they could find some more cash for the budget but having said that it may be sufficient anyway.

Not at all keen on the idea of the film being in 3D as i see it as a gimmick and it possibly jumping on the Avatar bandwagon.Its not like its a pre-requisite for a good film and i see it as a waste of time and money.

I curious why they are choosing to film in Jihannisburg.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

James Stacey

I assume cost is the reason for the filming in South Africa. I guess it has a industrial enough inner city to act as a good backdrop. As for the 3d aspect, if you don't like it, ignore it and go see it in 2d :) that's what I'll do.

CrazyFoxMachine

Tom Jane as Dredd?

He just wants his drokking kids back!

anyone who gets that reference gets mailed a biscuit

Dunk!

Hung.

Garibaldi please.  :D

He's a good choice too.
"Trust we"

deanomoon

Danbo

Amazing news. Dredds first proper film imo.I'm glad Hollyweird are'nt involved,we might get a true faitfull attempt.I hope they get a badass Special forces soilder for the judges post film weapons training.Dredd and the boys need to be like super urban commandos in the way they move with guns and hand to hand combat.Get some ex SAS now ;)

And keep the helmet on.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.