Main Menu

Prog 2000 - Cover and content summary!

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 June, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I wouldn't worry. If they were going to kill off Dredd it would have to be done by John and Carlos, probably in a landmark prog or something.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 28 June, 2016, 11:24:34 PM
Quotethis issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987
Any ideas what this may be?  A second Dredd tale, after the Ezquerra one?  I'm struggling to think of anything other than an early Future-Shock and Walter the Wobot, non-Dredd wise, in the pages of 2000AD...

There's always talk of that Fatties story that he asked John Wagner to write for him (or some such) but my guess it will be a page in some sort of Tharg B'day celebration story. If it was anything more I'd think (I'm so often wrong about these things!) that we'd have more detail here.

Fungus

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 June, 2016, 06:02:02 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 28 June, 2016, 11:24:34 PM
Quotethis issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987
Any ideas what this may be?  A second Dredd tale, after the Ezquerra one?  I'm struggling to think of anything other than an early Future-Shock and Walter the Wobot, non-Dredd wise, in the pages of 2000AD...

There's always talk of that Fatties story that he asked John Wagner to write for him (or some such) but my guess it will be a page in some sort of Tharg B'day celebration story. If it was anything more I'd think (I'm so often wrong about these things!) that we'd have more detail here.

Quote from: 2000AD Online
Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm hoping these interlude pages will be something along the lines of the monumental Tharg's Head Revisited, or even the fun, if not quite so memorable,  A Night 2 Remember.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 June, 2016, 09:44:20 PM
I'm hoping these interlude pages will be something along the lines of the monumental Tharg's Head Revisited, or even the fun, if not quite so memorable,  A Night 2 Remember.

Yeah that's exactly the type of thing I meant.

Dash Decent

They could be star scans, reminiscences or congratulatory messages.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

I hate to bring the tone of the thread down but.. is there going to be two Prog 2000s now? And two Prog 2001s, 2002s, and so on?

It does say 'Issue' on the Fabry cover, not 'Prog'* - maybe that's the solution.

*Although that has quite rightly been changed from 'birthday' in the pencil sketch.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trent

I thought the numbering malarkey had been sorted.
This is Prog no 2000, a sequential continuation of earlier progs.
The previous Prog 2000 is simply a proper noun and the number just part of the name.
Clear as dayto me! 😉

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 July, 2016, 11:02:19 AM
I hate to bring the tone of the thread down but.. is there going to be two Prog 2000s now? And two Prog 2001s, 2002s, and so on?

It does say 'Issue' on the Fabry cover, not 'Prog'* - maybe that's the solution.

*Although that has quite rightly been changed from 'birthday' in the pencil sketch.
Comicvine has solved this issue somewhat by losting progs 2000 and onwards as a seperate annual series. Works somewhat.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 01:21:02 PM
Comicvine has solved this issue somewhat by losting progs 2000 and onwards as a seperate annual series. Works somewhat.

This seems appropriate, given that the end-of-year progs replaces the old annuals and yearbooks.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 July, 2016, 01:43:39 PM
This seems appropriate, given that the end-of-year progs replaces the old annuals and yearbooks.
Yet problematic given that they also incorporate elements of ongoing stories.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 July, 2016, 02:23:04 PM
Honestly compared to DC's and Marvel's impossibly labyrinthian back catalogue of cross branching titles, 2000AD's chronology is as easy to follow as ABC.

Trent

As opposed to the ABC Warriors who Pat seems to be trying to make as convoluted as he can.

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 02:47:58 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 01 July, 2016, 02:23:04 PM
Honestly compared to DC's and Marvel's impossibly labyrinthian back catalogue of cross branching titles, 2000AD's chronology is as easy to follow as ABC.

... Warriors?