The present only toucheth thee;
But och! I backward cast my e'e,
On prospects drear!
An forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess and fear!'

Have a few wee drams on your  fellow boarders. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

The Irish definitely have a better model for a national drinking day than us. All the mashed potato, turnip and sheep innards bloat you, and hardly leave enough space for the booze.

Buttonman

I had haggis for tea and very nice it was too.

Frank

Buttonman

Ready processed in a big condom like sleeve.

ZenArcade

Grugz

they have, the train them to get in to tins themselves! I nearly had my haggis tonight but I didn't and I really must check the use by date I've had it since august!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

M.I.K.

I also had haggis for tea.

I also had some yesterday, and a few days ago, and there's another one in the freezer.

ZenArcade

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great Chieftain o' the puddin' race...

Right that's enough of the Immortal Rab from me. I (to my shame) have never had haggis. Z  :(

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 25 January, 2015, 10:48:47 PM
Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great Chieftain o' the puddin' race...

I understand it's not really Burns Night unless you get mown down by the Stix brothers at this point.  Or was it Alpha and Sternhammer?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

We had a piper in the bar.

I quite like bagpiping, but it is not an indoor activity. Loud.
You may quote me on that.

Mardroid

Okaaaay. I was wondering why they kept playing Scottish songs at my local pub tonight. And one of the off duty bar-staff was wearing a kilt.* Thought it might be St Andrews' day...

* I didn't even know he was Scottish.**

** In my defence he obviously spent most of his life down south as his accent is very much English. Alternatively maybe he's an English guy who figured it was a good excuse for a piss-up and figured he'd go the fall hog and wear a skirt. (It wasn't the full Tartan. He had a heavy metal T-shirt with occult symbols on top.) The Tartan seemed pretty basic green and black from what I could see.***

***I believe that might be worn by Clan Dunn. Curiously I found out a while back that those witht he Jameson surname were Clan Dunn. As that was my mother's maiden name, it appears I could wear it if I wanted.... although I'm not sure her Jameson name came from Scottish roots.... Just that's the earlierst place that name originates. (Jamieson to be more accurate.)

shaolin_monkey

I had lobster.  I'm sure Burns would have approved.

Also, an upstanding Citizen prevented mutant haggi running amok in MC-1.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Passed me by entirely. I had fajitas.
Lock up your spoons!

Lowlander

Quote from: King Pops on 26 January, 2015, 12:19:42 AM
I quite like bagpiping, but it is not an indoor activity. Loud.

One of the guys at my work plays the pipes. We all had haggis and tatties for lunch today (bit late, I know) and he was playing them indoors. Those things are bloody loud in a confined space! Made for a more interesting lunch hour though.