ZenArcade

One of the original Quizara. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

von Boom

Achlan, Wasachlan!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Tiplodocus

For some reason the full movie is up on YouTube.
Are those legal?

Watched a bit of one called Ultimate Version which has a crappy second narration, what I assume are deleted scenes inserted and some sketches adding pointless basil.

My goodness I had forgotten how bonkers a lot of it is and what a marvellous cast it has (noteable exception is Jose Ferrer who genuinely seems to be reading straight from an autocue).

And what about the production design. Just gorgeous.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

I think as long as they use the Smithee version it's fine. Lynch as pretty much washed his hands of the whole thing.

I believe the Ultimate version is one cobbled together from several sources.

And yes, it's unbelievably gorgeous. With the exception of a few details Lynch got the look of Dune right.

ThryllSeekyr

Just got this link from the Inexile website catching up on Bard's Tale Four......

This man looks like he wants Dune made in his own artistic colourful vision  and based on what I seen, it reminds me of the art-work I've seen accompanying Isaac Isimovs[/b[ novels and old sci-fi art work books looked through my school library while in early high school.

Jodorowsky's Dune (2014) - HD Trailer

Not really sure of ligitimacy of it yet, but! 

Tiplodocus

I think that's a documentary about his attempt to get Dune made in the early seventies.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 18 December, 2015, 06:25:43 PM
I think that's a documentary about his attempt to get Dune made in the early seventies.
It is and it's great.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Necropost but I thought if we don't already have a thread about Dune (2020), this might do.

Denis Villeneuve directing and my word, what a cast! (Lunches was similarly blessed)

But December 23rd is a long way off.

JOE SOAP

Rately

Lovely. And our own PJ Holden has amended it very nicely on his Twitter.

Wasn't interested in seeing this till they announced Denis Villeneuve as directing, so at the very least it will be gorgeous and brilliantly directed. Fingers crossed.

pauljholden

Someone reconstructed this logo at high res, but left out the spaceship. It did the rounds on twitter, by the time it arrived at me people where assuming the de-stemmed E (without the spaceship) was the official logo, lots of people complained about it looking like DUNC rather than DUNE - so I edited that fan logo, adding a stem to all the letters,to correct that fault in the FAN edit. (which mean adding an Art Deco like stem to every letter)

I really like the official logo, it's great.

Rately

Quote from: pauljholden on 30 January, 2020, 09:32:40 AM
Someone reconstructed this logo at high res, but left out the spaceship. It did the rounds on twitter, by the time it arrived at me people where assuming the de-stemmed E (without the spaceship) was the official logo, lots of people complained about it looking like DUNC rather than DUNE - so I edited that fan logo, adding a stem to all the letters,to correct that fault in the FAN edit. (which mean adding an Art Deco like stem to every letter)

I really like the official logo, it's great.

Ah!

Yes, agree on the Official logo, it is lovely.

pauljholden

Actually now I've had a better look I think it's a planet, rather than a spaceship, which makes more sense.

Tiplodocus

I wonder if this will suffer from "It's not a remake!" syndrome that DREDD 3D had to deal with.