Main Menu

Sky One's 'Battlestar Galactica' to end

Started by ukdane, 01 June, 2007, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

ThryllSeekyr

Good, I as I never really liked the modern version.

Art

This is much better this than letting it drag on forever without real resolution...

Here's hoping for a proper ending, no cop-outs and a minimum of mystical handwaving.

ukdane

It's good to know. There's also the film between seasons 3 & 4.
Cheers

-Daney

Quirkafleeg

Just coming in here to post that...

It is good news that they are not going to flog it to death until it completely outstays it's welcome. Yes, X-Files I'm looking at you.

WoD

The Adventurer

I keep getting confliting news about this. First Olmos says "Season 4 is the end" then Moore comes out and says "we ain't done yet!" now this shows up and Moore's saying "it's all over!".  Not sure what to believe any more.

At any rate I'm slightly disappointed as I believe the show has legs for at least another season or two. They haven't even done a remake of the Eastern Alliance arc yet! Which would slid perfectly into the new show.

It's good to know. There's also the film between seasons 3 & 4.

Rumors are pointing at it being titled Battlestar Pegasus. The question wither it's going to be a prequel, starting where the BSG  mini-series started, or take place some time after joining the RTF before it's destruction, is still a mystery.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Keef Monkey

The site I saw the producers were quoted as saying Pegasus movie would be a flashback type thing where it was important to bridge seasons 3&4 but the core of it took place way back when. I assumed season 4 would be the end anyway and was hoping they would finish it without dragging it on until it got cancelled without resolving, so whilst it's my favourite show on tv I take this news as a positive thing.

Something Fishy

I#ll be glad if they end it on a high with a proper resolution.

I've really enjoyed it and would hate it to drag on into a rambling mess , like Lost seems to have become this past season.

dweezil2

Excellent series! Sorry to see it go, but flogging it to death would have been a seriously bad idea! Yes, we're definately looking at The X-Files, Smallville, Lost ect.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Robin Low

What I've wanted since the first series is for it to end with a proper conclusion, rather than a blunt cancellation with no finish or a rush-job to tie things up. I hope 22 episodes is enough to do that. The final episodes of season three suggest to me that it's at least possible.

Incidentally, you can tell how good the remake of Battlestar Galactica has been by the way the mainstream critics have been falling over themselves to pretend it's not science fiction.

Regards

Robin

Mardroid

I was really getting into season 3 only to have it taken away when Sky 1 left Virgin broadband.

Spoilers:

Hence I've missed a lot. Last I saw Baltar was getting up to a spot of action with a couple of Cylons ladies (mostly off-screen to be fair, they didn't milk the sex too much) and there was a mysterious virus that was killing cylons of which humans were immune. That's pretty much as far as it got.

Much as I do like this show, I think maybe finishing with Season 4 is probably a good thing. One thing I disliked about this show was it seems to take a while to move the story on.  When it does, it's interesting... (I'm particularly thinking of the catch up with the two 'dead' cylon ladies in season 2.) but it then seems to go into soap opera mode for a while. To be fair season 3 did keep me hooked though, and I hope they do conclude things satisfactorily with season 4.

Art

TBH You've had most of the best bits of Season 3, the rest is mostly filler until the season finale, which is constructed of pure "What the fuck?" - though I'm holding off judgement on wether it was awesome or suckage until I see what they do with it.