Main Menu

BICS

Started by mygrimmbrother, 08 September, 2009, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I'll be collecting Mrs Bolt from her shift about 8- so I'll probably not make the wellington till around 9- and I'll try to get hold of His Lordship RAC and Queen Bou as well (Think they get into Brum at about 3) so I'll see you then.

Odd_Bloke

I'm probably not going to make it at all this weekend.  Other pre-start-of-term stuff is probably more important. :(

Hopefully future conventions will be timed slightly more conveniently. :)

Richmond Clements

Where are you Banners!? We're all here!

Banners

Quote from: His Lordship racWhere are you Banners!? We're all here!

Aaaah, that's very sweet! I was in Dudley on a first date with a lovely lady who one simply wouldn't turn down (and an event which surely deserves a mention on the "Life's Fantastic" thread), but rest assured my geek credentials were laid bare very early on as I told her about my time in London last week with Judge Minty.

"So how did you get into that?" she asked... prompting an explanation about Judge Dredd ("No, not the film!" I said), 2000 AD and this very board. So, you can see I was with you in spirit - and will be with you in person at BICS tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

:-)

M@

Colin YNWA

Have fun at BICS everyone. Alas the little little 'un prevents me going BUT maybe next year I'm going to make it back to my first big Comic Event since Brighton (and UKCAC before that!).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 October, 2009, 08:30:25 AM
Have fun at BICS everyone. Alas the little little 'un prevents me going BUT maybe next year I'm going to make it back to my first big Comic Event since Brighton (and UKCAC before that!).

UKCAC '94 was the last big one, with only Dreddcon 3 in the intervening fifteen years!

On the train to Brum now.

:-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

argh! reading this thread im shitting jealousy! have fun, all! sbt

Jim_Campbell

Well, I figure this the right place, there's a queue of balding men with beards and I just spotted a girl dressed as Harley Quinn, so it's a he'll of a coincidence otherwise. Right. Cup of tea, sausage sarnie, and it's down to business!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pete Wells

Keep us updated Jim!

uncle fester

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 October, 2009, 11:11:22 AM
Well, I figure this the right place, there's a queue of balding men with beards and I just spotted a girl dressed as Harley Quinn, so it's a he'll of a coincidence otherwise.

Sounds like Yes are in concert in Brum tonight...

Mike Gloady

Have fun everyone.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

I was hoping to make it down one of the days but the fmaily seem to have hoovered up all my time this weekend (I'm typing this as I stop by to change then I'm out again). I've learned my lesson - box off the whole weekend good and early so no one can get their hooks into you.

Hope everyone had a good time - we await embrassing photos and gossip.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

Just having a quick read before heading back to the fray!

It was a very interesting Saturday- great to meet Jim, Grimm, Grimm's mate Oli, Swimini, Banners, Stacey, Watcher, Kev (Who has had a very good Saturday as far as I'm concerned) and all the other board folk I've let slip from my aged mind.

Friday night in the wellington was great fun, however the combo of late night, alcohol and not really enough sleep meant that I ended up calling for an early night last night :( Sorry again folks, but I was seriously flagging.

Ah well- back to the coal face in a bit, and I've managed to get a signed copy of Rainbow Orchid Vol-1 and Grandville- which look lovely. Unfortunately Mechanismo isn't out, but I must have a word with Cyber-Matt today about some reprints I want to see. And I'm going to take a camera today as well.

Hoagy

Al Ewing, missing the nipple tweakers of the North West..

Found this one of Al Ewing on facebook taken by a Mr Kev Sutherland.Hope you don't mind Kev.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dunk!

Best quote of BICS.

Bloke in front of me in the entrance queue.

"It's hard to be intimidated when I've had dumps bigger than either of those judges" ;D
"Trust we"