Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Oh my giddy Aunt.

The thing with Richard Elson is I can never quite get used to the change in the art from Shadows (and that Dredd cover come to that) and his present stuff. For me its a complete shift. I do wonder what he did work wise in-between times to develop the change?

ming

Just wanted to mention that all the images* in my CAF gallery (link in my signature) are now super-sized... Definitely worth checking out the results for the detail in the likes of O'Neill, Fabry, etc.

:)

* pretty much all, anyway.  Still have to re-scan one of the Atlantis pages.

maryanddavid

QuoteI do wonder what he did work wise in-between times to develop the change?
He worked o Sonic the Comic for a good fre years after Shadows

Fatboydale

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 March, 2013, 09:26:25 AM
Oh my giddy Aunt.

The thing with Richard Elson is I can never quite get used to the change in the art from Shadows (and that Dredd cover come to that) and his present stuff. For me its a complete shift. I do wonder what he did work wise in-between times to develop the change?

Beaten to the answer ....Sonic for 10 + years , that turned him into the artist he is today ....

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 01 March, 2013, 04:52:16 PM
Just wanted to mention that all the images* in my CAF gallery (link in my signature) are now super-sized...

Oh, youve gone for the upgrade to premium!

(...and consider your super-sized Cursed Earth page well and truly checked out.)

Its a great site, CAF, so i certainly dont mind helping them out, this way.

Mark will be next,  ;)

Greg M.

So Dale, you've snagged the other 'Shadows' cover and the Starscan too! Absolutely gorgeous: the colours seem much more vibrant in your photos than in their published forms. Cheers for sticking these up, great to see 'em.

hippynumber1

Dale, those Shadows pages are beautiful. I seem to remember Mr Elson saying how unhappy he was with them (Meg interview?), he must be bonkers!

Judge Jack - it's my fault that Ming upgraded so I kind of feel like I should too...  :-[

ming

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 March, 2013, 07:07:20 PMJudge Jack - it's my fault that Ming upgraded so I kind of feel like I should too...  :-[

Heh, I was just going to make a cryptic comment like "I upgraded so I could delete some multiple overexcited comments left due to a wobbly iPad owned by someone who shall remain nameless.  In other news, Mark owes me $50" but now I don't need to... :lol:

Still, I'm happy to upgrade - was intending to get around to it sooner or later.  CAF is a great resource and a great community; definitely worthy of support.

hippynumber1

Quote from: ming on 01 March, 2013, 07:15:40 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 March, 2013, 07:07:20 PMJudge Jack - it's my fault that Ming upgraded so I kind of feel like I should too...  :-[

Heh, I was just going to make a cryptic comment like "I upgraded so I could delete some multiple overexcited comments left due to a wobbly iPad owned by someone who shall remain nameless.  In other news, Mark owes me $50" but now I don't need to... :lol:

Always happy to confess to my mistakes! I was brought up proper good!  :lol:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: maryanddavid on 01 March, 2013, 04:57:25 PM
QuoteI do wonder what he did work wise in-between times to develop the change?
He worked o Sonic the Comic for a good fre years after Shadows

Arh that certainly explains why his art is so much... softer (best word I can think of) and more refined than it used to be.

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 March, 2013, 07:07:20 PM
Judge Jack - it's my fault that Ming upgraded so I kind of feel like I should too...  :-[

You could always have said to Ming that the reason behind the comments was that you liked his cover three times as much as anybody else,  ;)

opaque

Scanned all my artwork, just got to sort out the references etc.
Here's an example :)

hippynumber1

Man, I want a Hicklenton Nemesis...

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 01 March, 2013, 09:36:18 PM
Scanned all my artwork, just got to sort out the references etc.
Here's an example :)

A top page that, and nicely scanned as well.
Nice to see all these pages that have popped up, being shown off at their best.
(I still cringe at the blurred and badly cropped photos i used to put up..)