Main Menu

It's just a loverly day ...

Started by longmanshort, 12 July, 2003, 08:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge dreddd

good times by all...roll on global warming

Trout

This weekend, your mighty ruler moved into the new Trout Towers, and truly it is splendid!

A good-sized garden, plenty of room to fill the house with comics and related crap, and gorgeous countryside all around.

Fantastic!

My first purchase after moving in - before a fridge and a washing machine, even - was a barbecue, and it's already been used twice.

(The shed's still huge, Pete, if you want to move in.)

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY FISH IN HIS CASTLE!

Oddboy

Saturday was indeed a very sunny day... just the weather to be wearing a tuxedo & bowtie all day...

My brother's wedding went very well & hangovers all round Sunday morning (with a fair bit of retching from Oddgirl, poor lass!).
Better set your phaser to stun.

longmanshort

I hereby proclaim my weekend to have been a roaring success.

Venturing out into the jungle that is my garden, I used a disposable BBQ for the first with great success. All were happy with my grilling skills - tho the sausages were a little overdone and no-one touched the trout fillets I'd spent half an hour preparing :o(

After much beer we all retired.

Sunday was too f*cking hot tho. Stayed indoors and drew all day while looking after my migraine-affliected girlfriend.

Top weekend. Shame that this morning the sky is so murky it looks like it's been painted by Carl Critchlow.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

judge dreddd

disposable bbq - also known as 'dead easy and no fuss so ideal'.... good stuf longmanshort...top tip for heat...drink loadsa water and walk around in as little as possible...except keep the hat on..

all hail to might trout leader..even if longmanshort tried to bbq his relatives...

Matt Timson

Not in sunny Leicester- another beautiful day!

How pleasded am I that I a)work at home and b) set my own hours?

Mmmmm... just breathe in that smugness- off for a walk in the park...
Pffft...

Noisybast

Well - It's Monday, I'm off work (for a change), and it's blazing. I'm off into my (admittedly cramped) back garden to catch some rays & prod my plants.

I might even have a beer later.

Good things to those who wait, eh?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pyroxian

Leicester? Sunny? Bwah-ha-ha... Nice to see y ou putting on a brave face, but I bet it was pissing it down with rain... As always...

Steve

Matt Timson

Happilly not- It's been non stop sunshine all weekend- and today.  Mmmm...

I think it was nice most of last week as well- but my memory's a bit crap...
Pffft...

Wils

Apart from having a very hot and very stressful weekend, I've given up smoking.  

Still get the incredible urge to spark up, but determined not to give in to it. Willpower *will* prevail.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

You can do it, Wils.

- Encouraging Trout

longmanshort

Oi! Trout! Back in the barby where you belong! And on your way, pop by the pot of parsley on the shelf!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Matt Timson

Got a light Wils?  The Trout is only pseudo evil- *I* am *evil* evil...

Woh ha ha haaaaaa!
Pffft...

Queen Firey-Bou

go wils go wils.......

yeah it was hot here again today too, which meant no customers, well and rain means no customers, wind means no customers... in fact working for ones self & setting ones own hours is really great except it means working 24/7, neglecting family all for less than ?30 a week... so even a sunny day is sodding depressing,

wils can i start smokeing & use up all yur olde fags?

yur nearly bankrupt Bou.