Main Menu

Oola Blint

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 14 March, 2008, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

..thanks, I remember now.  She should meet Judge Death some time, they'd get on

Jared Katooie

Yeah, except that Death is dead.

(great thread for new readers, this one...)

Rio De Fideldo

You cannot kill etc etc

The Adventurer

Yeah, he'll be back. Honestly I wouldn't mind the next big arc to be based around Death's return, clawing his way out of hell. Honestly with them putting out TPs of Young Death, and the Judge Anderson stuff this year, it almost feels like a hint.

Though they should definitely kill him off for reals the next go around.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Pete Wells

I'd really like an Oola Blint EE, I reckon I'd actually read that one!

Cthulouis

"Though they should definitely kill him off for reals the next go around."

How do you kill what does not live?

Oh yeah, Deus Ex Machina Psychic Horseman, I remember now.

(I liked the story realy)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

i'd love to see Death back but i dont think he'll be in a Dredd story for a while because of every thing that's going on there, probably another Anderson story or his own.

Floyd-the-k

I liked the story too, but killing off Death is a bit like killing off the Daleks - you know he'll be back

Rio De Fideldo

I would love to see the return of a wiser Death who is actually creepy.

No chickens nailed onto shoulders,no old woman disguises and deffo no quad bikes.Or boxing matches in Vegas.

I would love to see a possession with a poor cit being forced to commit killings on behalf of the good Judge as Death realises hiding isn't below him if it allows him to continue his quest.

Ideally what I'd like to see is a character who captures the tense nature of the seemingly unstoppable Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem)in No Country For Old Men.V Scary.

JudgePrager

Yeah, I have to say I didn't really get the point of that last Death story - when it started there was that whole thing about how Irving (and his contemptuous beating of Anderson, unfortunately not to death) had made him a real force again and Wagner was glad to have got past the ridiculous comedy of the three amigos etc, and it sounded a lot like Wagner had a hold on the character and was really building up to something. And what did we get? A man's head on a dog's body for a sidekick, boxing matches in Las Vegas, a man lifting his horse on his shoulders and then mysteriously being turned into a psychic being by the force of his own hate and a handy electric shock, and to top it all off, Death's ambiguous 'death' (for about the third time). If he's dead, it's a pretty rubbish way to go, to a generic cursed earth everyman doing essentially what Anderson did all those years ago (but with less rationality to the sequence) at the end of a non-prog, non-Dredd story (and, indeed, a sequel to a non-Dredd story), and if he's not, well, then the whole story was just a bit pointless as it wasn't part of a big 'death as a real threat again' arc as I thought it would be. Oh, and even if he is dead, the other three are still knocking around so it isn't even the end of the Dark Judges. All very bizarre. And that's before we even get into the nonsensical Anderson 'half-life' storyline...

The Adventurer

I don't know. I loved The Wilderness Days. It just had that brand of weirdness I love from Judge Dredd and Co. And the "everyman" beating Death at the end was pretty badass. It didn't really need an explanation in my book. Just assume he was a latent telepath and the conditions were just right to go total sick-house on Death's ass.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Radbacker

the First Half Life story had a lot of potential then the followups just kinda petered out and didn't really go the way i thought they would.  I thought it might have been a way to get the Sisters back and build into a new Necropolis type story(I know we dont need to repeat things but how cool would it be if the Dark Judges closed off Texas Cit or something and then set about slaughtering, The meg could just sit back and watch ads the rest of the world did in their dark time)

CU Radbacker