Main Menu

1572 Mega Cities NIGHT MAYOR

Started by philt, 04 February, 2008, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

I agree with you all, this is the best run of strips the comic has had in a good while. Wish they would all continue for 20 odd weeks!

In regards to Kingdom, my take on the voice in Gene's head and all is that he actually HAS been infested by the tick-things, or at least one of them must have burrowed its way into him. This is obviously whats been talking to him and leading him to the camp - why? Because the ticks knew Them were amassing their troops for a big assault , and the few weapons they had wasnt going to be enough to hold them off. They saw how Gene handled Them (probably they are some kind of group mind) and figured he would be a good 'bodyguard' for their camp, so set out to get him. After he blacked out in the swamp, one of them got into him and started telling him where to go, Gene mistook the words for his 'urgings'...and there we go. It seems to make sense when you consider the dialogue of the voice at the end of this weeks installment. "All you had to do was obey the rules, it was a good life," blah blah blah.
The 'next prog' tagline "Skin Deep" also suggests to me that Gene discovers he has something in him and has to try to cut it out or something...

Could be wrong though!

Im loving Stronty Dog, yeah sure its a bit familiar but its classic at the same time. This is the kind of story I associate with the so-called Golden Age of the 80s and its great that I am reading one of them right now in 2008!

Shakara is amazing - totally puts a new slant on things this time around. So it seems the main character is just an empty vessel that the spirits of the dead Shakara have been using to extract their revenge? So it isnt 'his' revenge he is seeking after all? He is just a puppet being guided by the dead souls. And it seems like hes just about had his fill of it! This is going in an interesting way.

The Dredd story is brilliant, nuff said, and Stickleback is just sensory overload. How the heck does D'israeli produce this stuff and how long does it take to do a page!? Flippi neck!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

scutfink

I too have to lend my voice to the groundswell of Kingdom fandom.

I tried to hate it, I really did, (I'm usually so good at hating stuff) but, it's a grower...

Shakara on the other hand, has never been my bag of chips, I respect what's been done in terms of  repersenting he alienness of the character and his world. But it just kinda alienated me. So it works, I guess, I just don't like it...