Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Lenny Zero vs. Max Normal Round 3 Heat 5

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2022, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Max is better as a supporting character (unless drawn by Casanovas, sadly impossible now) but Lenny Zero was just plain awful. So Max Normal gets it.

SBT

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 May, 2022, 01:38:51 PMI have no memory of this, explain? I knew there was something that put me off LZ.
Issue 1798 was the one that pushed many people into ick territory, me included. There was a heated discussion about it at the time.

Funt Solo

Fictionalized violence, sometimes played for laughs, is really a cornerstone of 2000 AD. A shag-gas should surely be less offensive than brutal violence, no? Or, at least, shouldn't all the other violence be equally abhorrent?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

It's all about context. And it's all in the thread. I'm not sure we really need to go over that old ground again, do we?

Funt Solo

I wasn't on the forum when that discussion took place, but fair enough - I can just go read the thread.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

It's not a fun read, frankly. I'm not saying I'll nuke a discussion here, note; it's just that thread got quite heated in a manner that's unusual for this forum.

Colin YNWA

I think I can see whose winning here, think I can but its not straightforward to call with a quick eye scan. Today's votes could decide this I think. Either way its a good tussle.

Magnetica

I was going to vote for Lenny Zero, as I seem to recall it being a much better strip than Max Normal, which was the backstory you didn't know you needed.

But, I had forgotten about that scene. Now that I've been reminded of it, I remember how tasteless it was and how uncomfortable it made me feel.

That whole thread discussing it was before I joined the board, so I hadn't read it before.

So given that, there's no way I am going to vote for it. And if I did in an earlier round, that was without taking that scene into account.

So, Max Normal it is.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 May, 2022, 06:26:24 AM
I think I can see whose winning here, think I can but its not straightforward to call with a quick eye scan. Today's votes could decide this I think. Either way its a good tussle.

So two things.
1) I'm glad my eye scans aren't very accurate I had Lenny Zero down as winning this and while the early stuff was fun it started to grate on me in the later material. Max Normal's most resent series has the opposite effect, its elevated a fun distraction and good supporting cast member to another level.
2) Last day votes did indeed decide this. When I did that eye scan it was in fact level and so once again those last day votes really counted and gave

Max Normal

the chance to twirl his brolly in Round 4.