Main Menu

The Boys Season 3

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 25 June, 2022, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Well, so far I've had a blast watching it this season.  I've got over the fact that Hughie isn't Scottish, that MM isn't [spoiler]still suckling from his mother[/spoiler], that the Female and Frenchie have names, that the Black Noir twist [spoiler]can't happen[/spoiler], and that Butcher doesn't have the same reason for hating the Homelander.  Butcher's accent seems to be getting a bit better too, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

This season seems to have upped the Ennis-ness considerably, and no longer seems a toned-down version of the comic.  I was a tiny bit disappointed to see Herogasm [spoiler]reduced in scale - a house, not an island - but the depths of depravity are pretty much unchanged. Not many TV series show people fucking octopuses.  Also, Love Sausage has arrived![/spoiler]

The writers have very skilfully weaved the comic storyline around current events too; the whole thing is oozing with toxic Trumpiness even though the orange clown doesn't exist in this universe.

Looking forward to more.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Trooper McFad

I must concur- really enjoying it and happened to watch episode 2 while the good lady was in the same room (usually sent upstairs to watch my shite) but she watched and now I am allowed to watch in the comfort of my living room 😁 - she says it's watchable
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

wedgeski

Hilarious, bleak, utterly gross, and right at the top of the pile in a summer full of amazing television.

Richard

It's a fantastic series and I've really enjoyed it. As much as I like the comics, I think all the changes for tv so far have been improvements.

Jayzus, why do you think the Black Noir twist [spoiler]can't happen[/spoiler]? What did I miss?

Richard

Actually I've just realised I'm not quite up to date, so it may just be something in an episode I've not seen yet.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Richard on 05 July, 2022, 12:14:19 AM
Actually I've just realised I'm not quite up to date, so it may just be something in an episode I've not seen yet.

Sorry, I missed this... I'd better not say till you're up to date.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Feck it, I can't resist saying it anyway. 

MASSIVE SPOILERS, FOR BOTH THE COMIC AND THE SHOW...

The Black Noir twist can't happen on the telly version because [spoiler][spoiler]Black Noir isn't a clone of Homelander in the series, but a disfigured black war veteran.  Also, Homelander has just killed him.[/spoiler][/spoiler]