Main Menu

The New Forums

Started by w3bz, 25 June, 2008, 07:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Hey All,

Hopefully the transition over to the new forums will be as painless as we hope!

To help you direct your issues to the right person:

Wake has been handling post and user transfers from the old forum so that everything should be the same as before, except with the new layout and functionality of this forum. If you have any problems with posts or your username and can't solve the issue then post here and Wake'll help out.

I've been sorting the design and permissions for users. While the design is still undergoing changes you may experience text that's difficult to read or some interesting colours. Although you'll have to bear with us on that, if there's any part to the site that needs changes then give me a shout.

Other than that, welcome back!  ;)

Anonymous

At the moment, I can't stay logged in as Wake, so I've had to create a new account for myself. I'm hoping this problem won't affect anyone else.

Buttonman

Not complaining! The new site looks great and even the Luddite in me is warming to its charms already. That said...!

Some older posts don't seem to recognise the apostophe. Here is the cut and pasted text from a random (and great!) thread...

"Local lad Brian Denninger is up next and we wonder if heâ??s the tea boy in the Dreddlines office. Heâ??s also a fan of Satanus but goes onto suggest that the generally accepted weak run for the Megazine has been â??truly greatâ??. The "

Those double question marks and funny 'As' can't be right. Also when I click on a link to a previous thread it only takes me to the board home page.

Minor tweaks I know but there'd be no sense of achievement if no one complained!

Also is there a spell chck? I know we could write our musings in Word and copy them over but it'd be great if this were a one stop shop.

Thanks again for your great efforts so far.

w3bz

Hey buttonman, you're right about those odd characters, noticed those too. Will be the encoding from one board to another, will look into it as soon as I can.

Additionally, there already is a spell check, so if you hadn't noticed I can only presume you're a great speller  ;)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Fantastic job Wake, looks grate

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done Wake and all who helped set up this new version as it looks very user friendly and much more inviting than the old one. I'm very impressed with all the work you must have done to transfer all the posts (being the philistine that I am I presume there was an awful lot).
All that work is very much appreciated.[/color]

Wake

I've just managed to sort out my original username. Because my old user_id was 1 the board was confusing me with the default anonymous user.

Wake

Quote from: "Buttonman"Also when I click on a link to a previous thread it only takes me to the board home page.

I've just fixed this with some code in the holding page to redirect to the correct thread.

Richmond Clements

Bolt-01

Oh boy. The board is back.

Phew!

w3bz

Hah you did have the same username then as the 2000 AD Review one (looking at posts during all the hulla-pallava)

Cool, welcome back :)

Dan Kelly

Oooh shiny new board.

At least we get something out of the recent downtime.  Good Work Fellas!

Like the board designations :twisted:

petemaskreplica

Thank god, I was in danger of getting something done.

Peter Wolf

No problems here with anything.

Its a bit bewildering as the messageboard seems to have expanded.

I miss the white page with all the Icons and posts etc.

Not a criticism as such just a case of getting used to a new format.

"We dont like change round here !...."

There isnt an emoticon for just being very mad without being evil.

I may well appear here a lot less as i am up to my neck in it elsewhere online but its good to be back.

Thanks for your efforts .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

DanGeorge

Just picked up the link to this from 2000ad review's site, Im really liking it, sooo much better than the previous format.
(I love the pic of Dredd with the Mk1, my preferred weapon of choice)
looking forward to seeing whats being done with the main pages !!!
Daniel.