Main Menu

Future Shock: The Story of 2000AD (Blu-Ray)

Started by Steve Green, 31 July, 2017, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

My copy arrived today, watched the Steve MacManus and the Dave Gibbons extras so far, well worth picking up even if it just had those.

JLC

Yes its great. I've watched the Steve MacManus interview & the featurettes on the characters.

Keef Monkey

It's a really nice edition eh? So many extras, great artwork, and the booklet was a nice surprise too. Quite pleased with it, looking forward to diving into the special features.

Spikes

Got mine yesterday, and I've just finished watching the main feature, and a good few of the extras as well.

A cracking documentary that 2000ad deserves, in a package that makes getting this essential.

(I wonder if Arrow can licence Dredd and give that film a decent release, instead of the piss poor one that we got?)

Woolly

And mine has turned up also! Completely forgot I'd purchased this.
Looking forward to watching the massive collection of extras!

Quote from: Spikes on 01 August, 2017, 10:07:11 PM
(I wonder if Arrow can licence Dredd and give that film a decent release, instead of the piss poor one that we got?)

Not sure what they would put on the disc as extras, to be honest!
There's the alternative opening scene, and... they could put a retrospective documentary together, maybe?

I think we're stuck with the ropier looking bits of the Dredd film as well. The two or three shots that look like they were shot way too dark, and then lightened afterwards. I notice a lot of digital noise in these scenes as well.
Remember it looking like this at the cinema, so doubt its a transfer issue.

BMCCOLL

Excellent documentary, warts and all! However I'm only here as that great intro has been now posted on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWxBzSUT68