Main Menu

FAVOURITE ARNIE LINES

Started by zombemybabynow, 22 May, 2009, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Are you mad, your Lordship? In a world where Arnie has starred in JINGLE ALL THE WAY and  BATMAN AND ROBIN, there's no way you can say RED HEAT is his worst film.

RED HEAT is great. Sure, bickering buddy cop movies is an overcrowded genre. But Red Heat stands out by being chock full of inventive action (I particularly liked the bus chase replacing a car chase), having genuine humour (well, I found Belushi funny "I lost money on Hagler!"), a fantastic scene where it looks like Arnie pulls off a suspects leg and it has a naked sauna fight scene.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

QuoteAre you mad, your Lordship? In a world where Arnie has starred in JINGLE ALL THE WAY and BATMAN AND ROBIN, there's no way you can say RED HEAT is his worst film.

I retract my statement forthwith! I'd forgotten all about those two!

TheEdge

"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "peterwolf"In my opinion Red Heat was partly ruined by the presence of James Belushi whos acting ruined the film.I think it was directed by Walter Hill which meant it *should* have been a good film.

I have no actual evidence for this, but the screenplay is listed as "co-written by Walter Hill" which -- I suspect -- means re-written by Walter Hill, since the other credited screen-writer is Troy Kennedy-Martin who had not long finished winning multiple awards for writing Edge of Darkness for the BBC.

I have this feeling that whatever screenplay Kennedy-Martin delivered probably wasn't going to be best suited to as an Arnie vehicle ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"I have this feeling that whatever screenplay Kennedy-Martin delivered probably wasn't going to be best suited to as an Arnie vehicle ...
Then it's high-time for a Hollywood makeover of Z-Cars. Unt ja, mit Arnolt int der Stratford Johns role.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Peter Wolf

Arnie is well out of condition now and needs to get back into the Gym as soon as possible.Its obvious you cant maintain mr Universe level bodybuilding at 60 with or without the alleged use of steroids but he looks a mess now which is partly *because of* bodybuilding.

"Whats da madder ? Dose politicians got you pushing too many pencils ?"

"Dats right .I have been out of da field of operations for too long now....."
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

the shutdown man

Well, Sly's still in pretty good shape these days. Now maybe he's chemically enhanced, but he's held it together better than Arnie.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.