Main Menu

Ultramarines movie warhammer 40k

Started by Zarjazzer, 08 October, 2009, 06:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Feth me!

www.ultramarinesthemovie.com

Nothing much there yet other than it's CGI. I hope it doesn't suffer the fate of the Bloodquest movie.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Where is it?

The Emperor protects.

Zarjazzer

I think it's a straight to DVD job but I'd buy it anyway! they haven't even started it as yet just signed the contracts. I only learned about it by finally signing up to that cursed facebook malarkey. Guess it was useful after all.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Having only just started reading all this stuff in the last 12 months and enjoying it all, I hope this comes off.

Zarjazzer

So do I but when th e first attempt folded I'm always a bit wary of these announcements.

Are you reading the Ultrmarines novels? Or the Galaxy burns/Horus heresy?

"The price of tolerance is Chaos."

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm up to date with the Horus Heresy.

I've also read the following:-
Ultramarines Omnibus
Eisenhorn Omnibus
Heroes of the Space Marines
Gaunts Ghosts first two Omnibus's (Dan said he'd tell me when the next omnibus is coming out, so I can catch up with that and then read his latest)

I have the following to read (at work):-
Ravenor Omnibus
The Grey Knights Omnibus

I've also listened to 'Heart of Rage' cd by James Swallows

So as you can see I'm working my way through the stuff.

Zarjazzer

Good stuff!

I think Gaunts Ghosts are all very good. Just got Ravenor Omnibus myself and am re-reading Eisenhorn, one of my favourite books.

Shame they're not on download along with some of the old warhammer comics, as I just got Nemesis the warlock volume 1 (Not Wh40k and a xenos to boot!) .

I also love Dark Heresy a RPG based on the Inquisitor game. Bit of a rip off really but I still like it.

never listend to Heart of Rage. Must check it out.

the shutdown man

When did this come about?

All I know about Warhammer is from the Dawn of War games, but it always seemed like something that could be amazing onscreen if done properly.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Zarjazzer

Quote from: the shutdown man on 08 October, 2009, 10:11:57 PM
When did this come about?

All I know about Warhammer is from the Dawn of War games, but it always seemed like something that could be amazing onscreen if done properly.

It has only just been announced but as an old WH40k fan i've been here before. there was an attempt to film "Bloodquest" a Blood Angels story but it failed in the end though some small test footage was done in CGI. Perhaps as things have moved on animation wise it will go ahead this time.

I would indeed be all shades of awesome if it did! :)

ThryllSeekyr

Great news, but I get the impresssion it will be misrepresented and ruined.

http://www.scifiscoop.com/news/ultramarines-animated-feature-film-announced/

Hoping that Orks, Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Tyranids as well as humans are featured in this film somehow evenif it's only seventies minutes long.

I was thinking anything like Space Hulk would seem like a ripp-off of Aliens.

It definitly has to have Orks and Eldar.

Zarjazzer

Orky!

I wonder if they'll feature Chaos scum too? Space Hulk would be too much like aliens but the Ultramarines fought Tyranids in the  massive battle of Maccrage. maybe that might be it. Tis all speculation, which leads to questioning, which leads to damnation in the warp. I'm surrendering myself to my nearest Inquisitor.

;D

COMMANDO FORCES

vzzbux

About bloody time a 40K film was made. Lets hope we see a few Terminators.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, would love to see this done right.

The Warhammer world is so grim and bleak and violent, it would have to be rated R. Heck, I'd take an awesome ultra-bloody 360 game!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Praise the Emperoer! Or the production company. I assume it's a straight to DVD jobby but hopefully with Dan Abnett scripting it will be class not arse.  8)

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla