Main Menu

Al Ewing talks Zilk

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 07 December, 2011, 03:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35759

Plus Damnation Station &  Dredd:

It seems "2000AD" is really pushing your work lately, advertising your projects more prominently, bringing you to conventions and making promotional material for your work -- last year's "Zombo" mask comes to mind, in particular. Do you get the impression that you're being set up to be the next John Wagner, Gordon Rennie or Pat Mills?

I don't think John Wagner is going to go anywhere anytime soon. I think if anybody's setting me in that position, it's a few fans who are saying it. There's always somebody who's the next Wagner. It's been Garth Ennis, it's been Gordon Remmy and I've been the next Wagner for a while. Now, I think Michael Carroll is getting pushed. He's really good. He's getting a few people to say they want him to take over "Judge Dredd" when Wagner can no longer write it. There's been all these people, though, and Wagner's still here.

Nice one!

Oooh, & what's this...?

I'd really like to get in to writing more Judge Dredd. I'm doing the Christmas episodes this year, and I've got a couple more at the beginning of next year. There's also something quite huge that's in the pipeline. I'm going to be quite cagey about it at the minute. In the future, a couple of other people are going to be talking to CBR about it, and it's going to be huge.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

ming

Already popped up in the other thread, Stevie...  :)

Still, Gordon Remmy, heh.

Quote from: Molch-R on 06 December, 2011, 05:48:00 PM
In the second part of CBR's focus on the forthcoming 'Zaucer of Zilk', writer Al Ewing talks about working with Brendan McCarthy on the mind-bending strip: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35759

Proudhuff

'something quite huge that's in the pipeline'.  snigger
DDT did a job on me

radiator

Sounds like the thing that Ben Willsher was talking about in the ecbt2000ad interview.

My money is on a Rogue Trooper reboot.