Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: Goaty on 06 February, 2018, 12:16:12 PM
But sadly he not Harrison Ford.

Sad in what way? Do you mean you'd have preferred an 'old Han' film or that they did some CGI youngification or just that they didn't make the film at all?
This isn't the first time a Ford character has been played by a younger man - remember The Young Indiana Jones? Some of those were pretty good.

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 06 February, 2018, 03:12:37 PM
This isn't the first time a Ford character has been played by a younger man - remember The Young Indiana Jones? Some of those were pretty good.

They're perfectly fine as quasi-educational* historical adventures (Sean Patrick Flannery had a certain Tom Sawyer charm), but as Indiana Jones movies... well, they're not, are they?

*Sometimes the twin aims sat uneasily together: for example, the attempt to introduce some dangerous adventure elements into a visit to Nikos 'Last Temptation of Christ' Kazantzakis involved getting the Henrys getting stuck in a dodgy lift.

JamesC

Well they're not on the scale of the films but as the adventures of a younger version of the character I thought they were decent pulpy fun (as I'm fully expecting Solo to be). I quite liked that he wasn't just a shorter, younger Indy, he actually seemed like a youngster that had a good few years to go before becoming the fully formed Indy we know.

Pete Wells

I'm pretty excited about it all, that second trailer has certainly done its job for me. I like that young Han appears really cocky and the look of Lando seems perfect. The end of the trailer where Han says "It's fine! We're fine!" before it all goes to shit is proper Kasdan Han Solo.

I didn't think I wanted a Solo movie, but it looks like I do!

TordelBack

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 February, 2018, 06:50:56 PM
. The end of the trailer where Han says "It's fine! We're fine!" before it all goes to shit is proper Kasdan Han Solo.

By far and away my favourite bit, spot on to the point of engendering optimism.  Well,  that and Lando and the droid gesturing in sync.  Although as the droid is allegedly Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character,  I'm already anticipating the anti-gynoid backlash.

Magnetica

The trailer has actually made me less excited to see this. Which is a first for a Star Wars film for me.

Even so, I will still go to see this in the cinema. Star Wars remains a must see in the cinema for me and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Indeed it is the only film series that applies to for me
(obviously if we were ever to get another Dredd or a 2000AD film that would apply as well, but I'm Not expecting that to happen).

Misanthrope

Quote from: Goaty on 05 February, 2018, 09:42:09 PM
I am curious to know what Star Wars films that die-hard fans really want?

Guardians of the Galaxy.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

TordelBack

Quote from: Misanthrope on 06 February, 2018, 11:14:17 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy.

But only the first one,  before Disney (I presume) ruined the franchise,  the money-grabbing bastards.

SIP

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yup.....light hearted (mostly), fun, adventure, happy ending......this please.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I like the notion that the Empire helped train one of its greatest opponents.Interesting if unremarkable Trailer.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dweezil2

Quote from: SIP on 07 February, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

Guardians of the Galaxy.

As long as it's not GOTG 2, that was rubbish.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 February, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

Guardians of the Galaxy.

I disagree.

Goaty

Sorry if I miss the fact, do we know how many years from Solo film to A New Hope? 10 years? Just curious as Millennium Falcon looks brand new in the trailer.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 February, 2018, 11:04:07 AM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 February, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

Guardians of the Galaxy.

I disagree.

Me too. Watched it again the other night,  and aside from the ending being too drawn out,  and maybe Yondu's OTT slaughter of the mutineers, I thought it was great fun.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 07 February, 2018, 04:22:52 PM
Sorry if I miss the fact, do we know how many years from Solo film to A New Hope? 10 years? Just curious as Millennium Falcon looks brand new in the trailer.

I assume 10, but I don't think I've heard anything official.  Rather than the Falcon being brand new,  I'd think 'pimped' might be more the idea.