Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 February, 2018, 05:14:31 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 07 February, 2018, 04:22:52 PM
Sorry if I miss the fact, do we know how many years from Solo film to A New Hope? 10 years? Just curious as Millennium Falcon looks brand new in the trailer.

I assume 10, but I don't think I've heard anything official.  Rather than the Falcon being brand new,  I'd think 'pimped' might be more the idea.

Ahh just cos I notice this;

TordelBack

:o Wowzers!   So Han's "special modifications" were essentially wrecking the place.  I think he owes Ducain and the Irving Boys an apology.  Putting a compressor on the hyperdrive ignition seems mild by comparison.

Goaty

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 February, 2018, 05:25:15 PM
:o Wowzers!   So Han's "special modifications" were essentially wrecking the place.

That's 15 years of Han & Chewie schmokin' like spacetrains and leaving the percolator on all night.

Big_Dave

sheridan

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 07 February, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
I like the notion that the Empire helped train one of its greatest opponents.Interesting if unremarkable Trailer.

A superpower training people who end up rebelling against them and who become generals and leaders in the ranks of their enemies?  It'd never happen in the real world!

Professor Bear

It's almost like there's a race to get this sucker into theaters before there's a silver bullet bad news story that sinks it, like someone in the cast marrying a 12 year old or shooting a cop.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tinmachine on 06 March, 2018, 11:33:43 AM
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/artist-claims-han-solo-movie-posters-plagiarize-hi/1100-6457159/

Quite a bit more controversy on the horizon.

It's a lazy bit of style-copying from a company with more money than a Tory cabinet, but I'm not sure it's actual plagiarism.  I'd certainly be throwing my hat in the ring if I was the original designer, but equally I wouldn't be very optimistic.

The undue haste with which Solo is being introduced to society does seem a bit odd,  given its troubled producrion, and what with filming on Episode IX not even begun.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 March, 2018, 01:59:26 PMIt's a lazy bit of style-copying from a company with more money than a Tory cabinet

An outside vendor supplied the poster design.

http://www.impawards.com/designers/blt_and_associates.html

radiator

This kind of thing is standard practice in the advertising/marketing industry, sad to say. Why come up with your own idea if you can just rip off someone elses?

Back in the day a guy who went to my uni uploaded one of his video projects to Youtube and it became one of the first big viral hits on the site. Within about six months a commercial for a food brand ripped off his idea completely. What was funny was the a commercial was nowhere near as well-executed and was such a watered down, crappy version of the original idea.

Misanthrope

Quote from: radiator on 07 March, 2018, 01:23:28 AM
This kind of thing is standard practice in the advertising/marketing industry, sad to say. Why come up with your own idea if you can just rip off someone elses?

Back in the day a guy who went to my uni uploaded one of his video projects to Youtube and it became one of the first big viral hits on the site. Within about six months a commercial for a food brand ripped off his idea completely. What was funny was the a commercial was nowhere near as well-executed and was such a watered down, crappy version of the original idea.

It wasn't Lasse Gjertson was it?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 March, 2018, 12:19:25 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 06 March, 2018, 01:59:26 PMIt's a lazy bit of style-copying from a company with more money than a Tory cabinet

An outside vendor supplied the poster design.

http://www.impawards.com/designers/blt_and_associates.html

Cor, they get a bit of work, don't they?  Interestingly the Solo posters (which I really like)  are so far away from anything else they've done that it makes the 'uncredited homage' even more glaring.

auxlen

surprisingly looking forward to this, hope its a fun romp without whatever it was that spoiled the last Jedi for me....

James Stacey

Quote from: auxlen on 16 March, 2018, 11:01:15 PM
without whatever it was that spoiled the last Jedi for me....
It was the quadboobseal wasn't it.