Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

So the exclusive Nemesis the Warlock figure only available with the premium subscription is now available in the 2000ad shop. It stinks.

IndigoPrime

That does seem like a curious decision – and, frankly, not a good one.

The Monarch

that kinda blows for those who got the premium sub....are we sure this is the same people who did the dredd one i don't recall anything this bad

Tomwe

My maths makes the premium figures £20 each? wheras they're selling them for £30 plus postage at the shop? Not to say they won't end up selling the others down the line though.

BPP

They obviously had some over and to offer them to people who read 2000ad seems fair enough.

Look at it as the extra production numbers made the item possible.

I'm not buying one but it's a bit of a silly thing to get angry over.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

BPP

Quote from: The Monarch on 04 April, 2018, 08:59:34 PM
that kinda blows for those who got the premium sub....are we sure this is the same people who did the dredd one i don't recall anything this bad

The first dredd exclusive print was available from Hachette for about a pound.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 April, 2018, 07:16:45 PM
So the exclusive Nemesis the Warlock figure only available with the premium subscription is now available in the 2000ad shop. It stinks.

I heard it was limited to 50 and none of the other figures will be available.

It's a cracking figure and I'm glad I paid the extra for it thus saving a tenner.

I have mine. Not bothered if they put them up for sale at extra cost.

Why deny another fan if they want one? unless you were planning to sell them on eBay

Rara Avis

Oh dear, what's going on here?

I note my subscription for March still hasn't come out (although my Hatchette account says it has) but maybe going by recent posts I should expect it to do so any day now.

Re: Nemesis figure on sale .. It seems like a no win situation. If they don't make it available to everyone;  people will complain. If they do make it available for everyone; people who signed up for the premium subscription will complain.

Making the excess available for general sale seems like a reasonable attempt to address this.

Tjm86

Personally I'd have to say I'm a bit ambivalent on the Nemesis figure decision.  If it was touted as a premium exclusive then it is a little disingenuous to then flog the surplus off.  That being the case it is understandable as to why folks might be a bit put out.  On the plus side, they've made them available through Rebellion so arguably it is a bit of an offering to long term fans who are most likely to be visitors to the shop.

Having said that, at least they've done it at a higher price than premium subscribers have been charged.  They seem to have learnt from the £1 premium print shafting that they gave Dredd collection subscribers.  (as an aside, has anyone had the last print yet? Number 6, not the extension print). 

I would assume that it would have been hard to gauge initial demand for these so probably the first one would have been stocked higher.  Once the first one has been released, subsequent figurines would presumably be more accurately stocked so less likely to be available for independent sale.

Link Prime

All a bit of a moot point regarding the Nemesis figure- they were sold out by the time I checked the website at around 7.00pm last night.

Dandontdare

ah - that'll be why I can't find it in the shop! Bah!

Rara Avis

@ TJM That might explain it but maybe they can only produce in batches of 50s or 100s so there may also be a few of the next one available too.

I fully understand the reluctance of long term collectors to sign up for another subscription when they may have these collections (?) already in a different format.

However when I see that Dan and Link can't purchase the figure it annoys me a little. Were board members given first dibs?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rara Avis on 05 April, 2018, 05:57:28 PM
Were board members given first dibs?

Why on earth would they have been?!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Not sure if boarders were given first dibs but first I knew about it was through ThrillMail (and pleased to see that I can read them again now) so whilst it may not have been 'exclusive' at least loyalty was rewarded in that respect.  I'm with Jim on this one though, no reason for giving board members any privilege over others.  I'd argue that subscribers would have been a better privileged group since they are willing to stump up their cash long term to give some sort of stability.  Maybe they will make an offering of later figurines.  Who knows.

Rara Avis

Well when Luke Kirby came out weren't board members offered a chance to buy it first with a limited edition art thing (sorry I can't remember the word) or did I just find out about that on the forum?

I just thought they *might* have given board members a heads up.

@ Jim, really, an interrobang? Is it really such a shocking suggestion?  ;)

I suppose it's my attempt to re-direct the anger I feel at the fact that I thought I was signing up to receive items only other premium subscribers could receive when in fact you can just buy IT IN THE F**KING SHOP... sorry chaps..