Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Love MM - probably my favourite fictional anarchist.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 November, 2019, 06:13:08 PM

Love MM - probably my favourite fictional anarchist.

You do know what his job was before the Pox-Eclipse, don't you?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Yep, tool of the state. But after, he allies with whomever his conscience, and circumstance, allows and then moves on. He could've been a king at the end of Thunder Road but turns his back on it and goes his own way. I feckin' love that.

MM2 in particular seems (to me) to demonstrate anarchy rather well - the choice between a dog-eat-dog society or a cooperative one: he helps one "mini-state"above another but, in the end, chooses neither.

It's probably not what the film makers had in mind but it's an interpretation that works for me :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 November, 2019, 03:11:19 PM
To me then, it  Now I find out that the nuclear war happened between that and MM3, and the previous devastation came about purely because of oil shortages.

I came to this realisation once while trying to work out the chronology of Planet Erf, but decided to ignore it, like so much in this life. On reflection, there is something quite cool about the slow disintegration of humanity from MM1 to MM3 rather than just 'bit of biker gang aggro then boom Poxeclipse'.

I, Cosh

In the first episode of Dead Eyes, the officer who identifies Danny Redman has lost the use of his right eye. The type of nasty looking wound that a more vain man might seek to cover up. He's been busted down to Sergeant in this parallel, but I think we can assume it's deliberate.

We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 November, 2019, 01:51:13 PM
In the first episode of Dead Eyes, the officer who identifies Danny Redman has lost the use of his right eye. The type of nasty looking wound that a more vain man might seek to cover up. He's been busted down to Sergeant in this parallel, but I think we can assume it's deliberate.

Charming language, I'm sure.

As for me, I only recently twigged that Major Arcana's name comes from Tarot cards.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2019, 02:26:22 PM
As for me, I only recently twigged that Major Arcana's name comes from Tarot cards.

That happened to me some time in the last few days.

(Coincidence? Or Illuminati mind control through chemtrail manipulation of the collective psyche?)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Frank

https://i.imgur.com/sks7X47.jpg

This is such a great observation I move that all Cosh's previous crimes be stricken from the record.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 15 November, 2019, 04:55:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/sks7X47.jpg

This is such a great observation I move that all Cosh's previous crimes be stricken from the record.

Seconded.  Even the... incident.

Dandontdare

Is there a thread for when posts on the "Things that went over your head..." topic go over your head?

The Legendary Shark

Thank Grud it's not just me.

All I can think of is Kosh saying, "There is a hole in your mind."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

"If you go to Who wants to look at women's underware? [sic] you will die. "

Cosh has identified the one-eyed vet in [spoiler]Indigo Prime stalking horse[/spoiler] Dead Eyes as [spoiler]Major Arcana[/spoiler] of that parish,  or possibly this parallel's version thereof.

Proof if further were needed that John Smith is too good for us rabble.

Tjm86

Re-reading progs from the early 900's.  Judge Dredd: The Exterminator Episode 6 (Prog 925).  The couple Dredd corners at the top of the Empire State Building:  Norm and Barbara Fogle.  Norm Breyfogle?

I, Cosh

Why the zombies in Defoe are called reeks or stenches...
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 December, 2019, 01:13:28 PM
Why the zombies in Defoe are called reeks or stenches...

Because they reek? Or am I missing something?