Main Menu

Your holiday season gaming picks

Started by Roger Godpleton, 17 September, 2008, 11:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Jameson

Forget that lot - Peggle nights is out now!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Martin Jameson"Forget that lot - Peggle nights is out now!!

Peggle! Or as I like to call it- crack fucking cocaine.

Proudhuff

There's a interesting article here about The Force unleashed here:

//http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7624000/7624618.stm

new ways of moving/reacting apparently
DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Just thought I'd pass on that ASDA is selling The Force Unleashed for £30.

Roger Godpleton

Whoo-hoo! Megaman 9 officially dated for 9/24 on Wiiware and PSN and 1/10 on XBLA!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8YIis8Gbg ... re=related

If this doesn't appeal to you YOU ARE GOING TO HELL.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Monarch

Currently playing dragonquest chapters of the chosen

Roger Godpleton

Some Edge scores I just read off los intraweb:

Little Big Planet 10! Goddamnit I wish I could afford a PS3
Fable 2 9
Far Cry 2 8
Dead Space 8
Rock Band 2 9

Highlight to read.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Something Fishy

For me

Fable 2 (Have it now.. love it)
Gears 2
Fallout 3
Little Big Planet
Banjo

and maybe

Left 4 Dead

Mardroid

I  bought the Prince of Persia box set a couple of years back. (It contains 3-4 games. I think there has been at least one more since then.)

I decided to play through them in chronological order.  After lining up all this pretty paraphernalia in one room (I forget the specifics but it involve swinging over a chasm and lining up clockworks... um stuff I ended up getting stuck. Theres a bit after that where you have to set off the traps to open a door at the other end (which of course collapses after a time limit) navigating some traps, including ducking under a beam. After lots and lots of tries I lost patience and gave up in the end.

I liked the game a lot though, but those timed trap sequences were soooo irritating. I put it down, intending to return to it later.... and that was it.

As for the sequel games, I've resisted temptation  to try them until I've finished the first. I think I'll give it another go again soon though...

So, too games I haven't played yet! I still have to finish Rogue Trooper too. I couldn't get past the train sequence.

I'm rubbish.

WoD

It was the fighting that frustrated me and stopped me playing it through to the end.  And I believe that was 'bigged up' in the later games, so no purchasarino for me.

Mardroid

'Too games' above should read 'two games'.  I'm sure you guessed that but it's embarrassing me that I made that mistake. It's like when I type 'their' when I mean 'there' or 'they're'.  I know the difference and when each should be used, but when I type quickly for some reason my fingers seem to just go into phonetic mode and I miss it somehow until later.