Main Menu

Alan Moore's Future Shocks

Started by Montynero, 10 October, 2016, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 December, 2016, 02:37:39 PM
The Paul Auster short story is excellent, and he's certainly not a verbose writer. There's some complex ideas in there, but the form and language are straightforward. You can see why the comic adaptation worked.

Auster is an author I've been saving for a rainy day (in questionable imitation of Dave Sim, I've set aside a few authors I think I'll like so I'll always have something to read if I'm stuck; see also the: final novels by my favourite writers - The Quarry still sits unread), but I did read the comic adaptation... and i didn't like it much. 

Incidentally, I love writers who are concise and precise (the short story is my favourite form, and I read every Ian McEwan as it comes out), but equally there's a lot to say for just letting an author explode across reams of paper, if they are as inventive and brimming with things to say as the Magus obviously is.

JayzusB.Christ

Stop putting other people's words into my mouth, TB - it's because of the likes of you that Facebook is cracking down on fake news  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"