Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

JayzusB.Christ: Mrs IP doesn't necessarily want to be a British citizen. But given the tentative nature of SS, she wants something with at least a degree of permanence, and that can't be so easily dicked around with. Citizenship can be revoked and withdrawn, but not nearly so easily as ILR. Also, she wants to be able to vote — and not for the Tories.

And, yeah, Funt Solo, I don't know what this country stands for anymore. Or, rather, I do — and I really don't like it. I like my home. I like the area where I live. I like my friends and that my kid is having a much better time at school than I ever did, surrounded by bullying little shits. But Mrs IP crying again today, asking why we're still here, makes me wonder why. And, of course, then mini-IP gets upset because she overhears, understands only part of what's being said, and doesn't want to be forced away from her friends.

All of this because the Home Office are a bunch of shits. So, so angry.

Tjm86

So it turns out that Cummings spent the duration of his Covid-19 experience up in Durham with family rather than self-isolating at home.  Being somewhat short of the readies, it turns out that he had to have childcare provided at the family home up in Durham.

Apparently "sources close to Cummings" have dismissed the revelations as "fake news" (which now, more than ever, appears to be extended to mean "news that is embarrassing and we'd rather not talk about").  I'd forgotten about the revelation back in November that Labour was seeking answers to questions about his links to Russian business, political groups and intelligence services.

Be interesting to see what dead cat Johnson et al come up with to distract from this story.

IndigoPrime

I'm sure we'll hear later how the leader of the opposition once — and I can't believe I'm saying this — didn't leave a big enough tip at a restaurant. He should have left 10%, but left 9%, thereby depriving WORKING CLASS SERVING STAFF of £1.57, the elitist posho bastard. Story continued on pages 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10–12, 15–26, and all next week, FOR SOME REASON.

Professor Bear

You reap what you sow.

karlos

I'd love to see Cummings go...we'll see.

(And, if he does, let's face it, he'll rise again in another role in a few months time, anyway).

Jim_Campbell

For those of you keeping score on the Cummings thing: after it being widely reported that he was self-isolating in London, it turns out he drove 260 miles with ihis wife and child to Durham because they were worried that no one would care for their child if they both fell ill, so wanted Cummings' elderly parents to look after the kid.

Then they said it wasn't Cummings' parents, it was his sister.

Then they said that it was still his sister, but no childcare was involved.

And they said Cummings wasn't spoken to at the Durham property by the police, but the police say he was.

And now it looks like he was barrelling up and down the country repeatedly, having a merry old time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR3rEep_MkB5fo-9Er7u06ixsw-6YpJ4obltZctSnRjF7qlrsc1lF75im3U

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Quote from: karlos on 23 May, 2020, 05:42:33 PM

(And, if he does, let's face it, he'll rise again in another role in a few months time, anyway).

He really is a 'floater' isn't he?  Doesn't matter how many times you flush.

:|

paddykafka

Quote from: karlos on 23 May, 2020, 05:42:33 PM
I'd love to see Cummings go...we'll see.

You mean, like this?

https://tenor.com/view/dracula-rising-coffin-gif-10936275

Modern Panther

quick predictions before they wheel out Boris at 5...

Noble Dom has resigned, despite acting reasonably and legally.  He's been pushed out by an elitist media, who hate that the government is doing so well.  It's time to get back to the job of Getting Covid Done, so lets all put is behind us, and ignore the lies we told, and that we accused the police of lying.  Stay Alert, but only to the things we deem important.

Leigh S

You gave them too much credit MP...

It was sort of incredible, the switcheroo: starting with "I take this very seriously and there can be no impression that there is one rule for you and a different one for us"..... then immediately volte face and off the hook - Classic Dom....

You'd hope the press had another card to play, some evidence of the things that have been denied, that they are going to play in tomorrow's papers... you'd hope.

Quote from: Modern Panther on 24 May, 2020, 04:59:57 PM
quick predictions before they wheel out Boris at 5...

Noble Dom has resigned, despite acting reasonably and legally.  He's been pushed out by an elitist media, who hate that the government is doing so well.  It's time to get back to the job of Getting Covid Done, so lets all put is behind us, and ignore the lies we told, and that we accused the police of lying.  Stay Alert, but only to the things we deem important.

Professor Bear

Who would have thought that five years of normalising the concept of the Tories escaping any meaningful consequences for their actions would have resulted in their escaping any meaningful consequences for their actions?  How could anyone have seen this coming?

Funt Solo

Aggressive ferret-man
takes over England
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

Professor Bear

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"