Main Menu

Nemesis the Early Heresies

Started by Tjm86, 03 September, 2019, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: jabish on 04 September, 2019, 09:00:13 AM
Hope this uptake means they'll give the same treatment to the other two volumes... If they do them it means that we might get the prog 2000 story and they might also move the Chris Weston story to the right place in the volume rather than at the back.

I'd be crazy to wish for the Deadlock solo story in there too but it is a kind of epilogue to book x and wouldn't it be nice to see that Henry Flint art in a big format?

What you have described (minus the big format) is the Ultimate Collection books!
@jamesfeistdraws

jabish

Oh really? That gives me a little hope so. It was over four volumes though no?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 September, 2019, 06:38:43 AMWell careful what you wish for - its gone!
Oh well. I decided to sleep on it. Overnight sales obviously decided for me. I have the full series in HC anyway (if not this luxurious kind), and can just throw 30 quid at something I've not yet read or don't yet own instead.

Rately

Thank the Gods it was sold out, the only way I wasn't going to shell out for this.

Max Headroom

As these books sold out in record time, I hope we get the complete Nemesis (with all colour included) in this format. I just hope that I am on the forum when future editions are listed and don't miss any!

sheridan

Quote from: jabish on 04 September, 2019, 09:00:13 AM
That was quick! Really glad I got mine so. Hope this uptake means they'll give the same treatment to the other two volumes. I'm guessing it depends if French sales also? If they do them it means that we might get the prog 2000 story and they might also move the Chris Weston story to the right place in the volume rather than at the back.

I'd be crazy to wish for the Deadlock solo story in there too but it is a kind of epilogue to book x and wouldn't it be nice to see that Henry Flint art in a big format?

I think Book X works better with the Deadlock story than without, shall have to dig out the floppy in the meantime!

Max Headroom

Received my copy this morning via Royal Mail. Looks to be an amazing edition, but slightly upset it has a ding in one corner which offends my perfectionist sensibilities. Never mind...

CalHab

Annoying that these sold out before I heard about them.

It would be nice if Rebellion had a PR droid who could post about upcoming releases on the forum.

IndigoPrime

Best bet: sign up to the email list. That way, you hear before anyone else.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 September, 2019, 03:07:53 PM
Best bet: sign up to the email list. That way, you hear before anyone else.

I'm on the email list.  First I knew was when I saw it on the website.

I do wish companies would appreciate that some people really have no interest at all in Twatter or Fakebook.

As an aside, turned up today, just in time for the weekend!  First glance, it is lush.  It's also survived the ministrations of the postal service pretty well too.  Happy days!

Robin Low

Mine arrived today. Possibly the thing I like the most about it is that the paper isn't glossy. I find paper with a bit of texture is much, much nicer to look at. The book also opens just beautifully, no creaking of spine or having to loosen it up a bit. It's also surprisingly light to hold despite the size, which I'm guessing is down to the paper choice. It's a strange thing to say, but it's a very user-friendly book considering it's a whacking great hardback.

This might sound a rather unfair, but it would be nice of the 250 of us who bought it got advance warning of subsequent books. It would be really annoying to miss out.

Better still (and fairer) would be if these weren't so limited. This is a really nice book and I'd like to see more, for everyone. People have also mentioned Strontium Dog - well, I'd buy it, along with Slaine and Dredd epics. Hell, I'd probably buy Zenith again just to have it on non-glossy paper.

Regards,

Robin

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Robin Low on 06 September, 2019, 08:28:48 PM
Possibly the thing I like the most about it is that the paper isn't glossy.

Well that's the best news.

sheridan

It would have been nice if all the new writings weren't dark grey on black - I think I'm going to have to wait for a bright sunny day to attempt to read it all without risking eye strain!

sheridan

(other than that, probably the best edition since the 1980s Titans - and they had the advantage of printing directly from original art in all/most cases).

Rogue Judge

Oooo nice!  Can we get get set like this for Strontium Dog?