Main Menu

Jammy Finds

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 27 March, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Quote from: Spikes on 18 November, 2015, 06:08:46 PM
Im not often on the receiving end of jammy finds,

Says the man who regularly posts his findings of several pounds at a time on The Facebook!

DaveGYNWA

A few months back, a friend who runs a curiosity shop in the local town centre asked me if I'd be interested in an item of Disney memorabilia for my wife (she's a Disney loon)

It was an old airplane with Mickey Mouse as the pilot, and he had purchased it in a house clearance sale - he knew it was worth a little bit and offered it to us for £300. Didn't have the money so declined....however I did send some details to someone with regards to valuing it and he came back and said that it could be worth a bit more than that and that he should get it valued properly. So I passed on the information to my mate.

Found out the other day that he did get it valued....at ~£1,000. He bought it for £50. He bought me a few pints to say thanks.

Jammy bastid.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 November, 2015, 06:17:34 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 18 November, 2015, 06:08:46 PM
Im not often on the receiving end of jammy finds,

Says the man who regularly posts his findings of several pounds at a time on The Facebook!

:D

Devons Daddy

I have  a couple of WOWs,
due to be in asia, mainly.......
the expat schools sometimes have car boot/table top  sales, at one I secured a full set of Annuals, Dredd and 2000ad for wheel barrow of money in local currency which translated into about 10 sterling.

also found a judge dredd 12 inch action man style figure, the stallone version for about 8 sterling, though i acknowledge it was over priced :)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

johnnystress

On a long drive I stopped off at a petrol station beside which is an antiques shop. I found a pile of original Eagle comics in nice condition for 2 euro each.

What will life be like ten years from now, in far off 1969?
"..you should be able to drop a coin in a slot at the side of your television set and see almost any big sporting event.."

Hawkmumbler

All the Cerebus Phonebooks bar the first two (already own) and the four Flamming Carrot collections. £15 a go, but oooh so worth it!

Skullmo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 April, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
All the Cerebus Phonebooks bar the first two (already own) and the four Flamming Carrot collections. £15 a go, but oooh so worth it!

Nice! Enjoy the read, Cerebus is great (skip the second half of Reads and Latter Days)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

Good find on the Flaming Carrot books. Took me an again to find the second and when I did happily paid 20 quid for it.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 April, 2016, 07:01:09 PM
Good find on the Flaming Carrot books. Took me an again to find the second and when I did happily paid 20 quid for it.
Yeah, particullarly looking forward to these, possibly even over Sim's magnum opus. Just a pity they aren't "Complete" volumes, so much FC remains uncollected.

Dandontdare

Good find - I've only read a bit of FC but I would've snapped them up at that price too.

Flaming Carrot cosplayer (Inverness 2010):

Grugz

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 27 November, 2015, 09:15:42 AM
I have  a couple of WOWs,
due to be in asia, mainly.......
the expat schools sometimes have car boot/table top  sales, at one I secured a full set of Annuals, Dredd and 2000ad for wheel barrow of money in local currency which translated into about 10 sterling.

also found a judge dredd 12 inch action man style figure, the stallone version for about 8 sterling, though i acknowledge it was over priced :)

i'll take it off your hands if you want for£8   ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Spikes

Managed to snag series 2 and 3 of Survivors by Big Finish for a tenner apiece.
Usually £25/£30 each, so happy with this.

Eric Plumrose

Picked up several VF/NM copies of STARLORD (free gifts n'all) for only 50p each (for the first three Starzines) and half that for the rest from Nostalgia & Comics something like thirty years ago. Ditto the 1983 2000 AD Sci Fi Spesh.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Eric Plumrose

Factory-sealed R1 copy of WISE BLOOD, courtesy The British Heart Foundation (and The Criterion Collection). £1.99.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

chris_askham

Well chuffed with a Swamp Thing action figure I won on the Ebay, and received in the post today. The photo's on the page didn't do the item justice and I bought it on a whim for about £8 including postage. And it's absolutely gorgeous. Stands nearly 10" tall, is stunningly detailed, and is coated in this moulded rubbery substance that covers the whole figure including all the joints. It's absolutely amazing. Never seen one before, and don't know any details about it, so don't know how much of a jammy find it is. Just may be my best ever eBay purchase.