Main Menu

Duke Nukem Forever

Started by Emp, 11 June, 2011, 06:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Lol it was in Ctrl+Alt+Del

Greg M.

Well, I've got my copy now, been having a wee go, so far it's plenty of fun - to be honest, I'm not really that bothered about how top of the range or otherwise the graphics are, so long as it 'feels' like Duke. Which, at the moment, it does. I found myself laughing at Duke's verdict on his own game, and to be honest, I've always enjoyed the puerile nature of the humour - it's crude and it's stupid, but it knows it is.

bluemeanie

might have to take what I said back

Bit further in and have had so many "what the fuck does the game want me to do now to progress" moments its kinda stopped being fun.

Am in the hive and full of dead ends that dont even have enemies in. Just wandering around in the dark being bored. And thats the one crime I cant forgive a Duke Nukem game, being boring

Emp

The hive is a pain in the ass and im betting your stuck in a part that has a locked door behind you and a drop in front, least thats where i got stuck for a bit.
The answer is to chck a pipe bomb up to one of the bounce pads ant detonate it once it goes into the alcove top left which forces down one of those rolling ball creatures and some enemies...

Goaty

Goaty

Fuck! how annoyed is that with first big boss on "Space" repeating taps!!!

Emp

I've enjoyed this but not as much as thought i would. Maybe its because i was looking at it with rose tinted glasses, its duke after all, that i expected it to be mindblowing and it just isn't.

I had thought that i would be playing none stop but instead find myself stretcing it out and im not sure if thats cus i have nothing else at the moment or i'm simply getting bored.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Tried dowloading the Demo but it was ghosting badly so I'm afraid it won't be Hail to the King, Baby.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jared Katooie