Main Menu

Mick McMahon starts blogging

Started by Emperor, 18 June, 2011, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Yeah, the satanus picture is lovely.  if i produced a pencil page of that quality i would feel compelled to ink it.

As for a McMahon book, i would be first in line to purchase it. His work more than anyones made me want to draw comics. I have long since given up on that dream but i still always feel inspired to draw when i see his drawings.

Spikes

Quote from: Simon Penter on 28 January, 2013, 10:03:00 AM
I've had my eye on that inked dredd for a few days now........just trying to get past the hurdle of finding £250! Might sell one of the kids.

And just looking now and i notice its sold - though thats no great surprise!
A lovely Dredd by Mick, that id have deffo jumped on if i wasnt waiting for my own commission to land.
Anybody on here snag it?

SIP

Alas, not me. Couldn't justify that kind of money wjen i need it for bills!

Every Dredd he's drawing at the moment is better than the last. Think i might request a picture when i can afford - would love a rico dredd. Or maybe the fink.

Pete Wells

Well this one's mine and due to arrive on Monday, wahoo!

Spikes

Quote from: Pete Wells on 02 February, 2013, 01:36:46 PM

Ah nice one! Saw this one over on the Blog. The 'Smiley Dredd' as Mick christened it.

ming

Great stuff, Pete.  Nice to see Mick getting so much business at the hands of boardies!  There'll be quite a few more appearing over the course of the year, I think... (Me included.)

SIP

Lovely Pete. You got my favourite one of his recent run of inked Dredd's.

hippynumber1

Hawkmumbler

Thats a lovely Lawgiver MK1. I like it very much. :)

Frank

Well this one's mine and due to arrive on Monday, wahoo! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Wellsy/image-2.jpg

You jammy bastard, Pete. By the look of this thread I'll be at the back of a very long queue, but it's great to see McMahon getting the love and the business he deserves.

judda fett

Lucky you Pete that's one of my favorites for sure. When I saw the pencils for this I used it as the basis for a Dredd model I made. Lovely to see it unless finally.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37237.0.html

judda fett

Predictive text strikes again. Unless is meant to be inked.

Spikes

Hopefully all these commissions will be landing soon (next month by the latest?), and a couple have popped up on CAF already.
And Mick has posted that he's taking on more commissions requests that he'll be hoping to complete by Autumn this year.

Exciting times!

Spikes

Mick's posted another commission (Dredd v Satanus, and its a right corker!), so it looks like the more complex ones may be landing soon... plus he gives Dredd (the film) and Minty the thumbs up! All good!