Main Menu

The Onslaught Continues (FAO Wake, mostly)

Started by Wood, 21 February, 2002, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood

It's the Attack of the Anally Retentive Geek Patrol!

Um, anyway, I was just browsing the thrill listings...

and in the listing for the '93 JD yearbook (the only one I have), there's a few mistakes...

1. Red Razors was definitely not drawn by Mark Millar. He wrote it, though. It's 7 pages long.

2. The edited reprint (down to 22 pages) of Atlantis is in the '93 yearbook, and not the '92 one, as stated.

3. The cover's by Brendan McCarthy.

4. There are missing stories: An Armitage text story called 'The Case of the Detonating Dowager' by Dave Stone, with some nice illos by Sean Phillips. Also, there's a 7-page Soul Sisters story written by Dave Stone and david Bishop and drawn by Shaky, and a 5-page Straightjacket Fits story called 'the final fit' by David Bishop, drawn by Roger Langridge.

5. Page counts (for those of us anal enough to care about that sort of thing): Anderson, 5 pages; Dredd, 24 pages; Judge Joyce, 7 pages.

No, don't all thank me at once.

I'm going to go and get a life now.

Wake

Mudcrab

Seeing as you're on the subject Wake, I haven't checked at home, but the 1991 JD Annual looks very much to me like it's drawn by Jamie Hewlett. Either that or someone copying his style. The perp looks very like Hewligan.

What do you think?

Doug
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

I'm breaking my current posting fast to add this, this is what happens when I go to the front page.  Probably not worth asking me any questions about it, its all a mystery to me.

Cheers

PVS

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 10 in /home2/www/2000adonline/null/null_column.html on line 54

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 10 in /home2/www/2000adonline/null/null_column.html on line 57

Wake

It was because I've removed the old chat room from the site map, and you'd bookmarked it. I've made an edit so your bookmark should take you to the new room.

Wake