Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Its another wet sunday coming up and that will be the 6th in a row now or maybe the 4th or 5th.I want to stall out and sell some tat before Xmas and i miss my weekly fix of rummaging through junk on a Sunday.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Quote from: uncle fester on 06 November, 2009, 08:35:43 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm......Cheesecake........

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Cheesecake.........

Top Tip:The only cheesecakes that you can buy off the shelf that are worth eating are M+S cheesecakes.They are not just any cheesecakes as they are M+S cheesecakes i will have you know.

House of Usher

Tesco's reduced fat mandarin cheesecake is not half bad.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I havent tried that.I have never baked a cheesecake but i am sure its not difficult.

Mike Gloady

It isn't.  I'm planning on doing one this week.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

You should try my wife's home made cheese cakes. Lush.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 November, 2009, 08:12:41 PM
It isn't.  I'm planning on doing one this week.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who'll be demanding pictures!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

House of Usher

The job I've accepted in order to get out of low-paid teaching and into a realistic prospect of a pension isn't that gret aktully. The perks are excellent but it feels like starting yet another apprenticeship. It's the eighth time I've been here.

::)
STRIKE !!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

The war is over but the fallout has just begun. At least I took the right step and walked away from one job. I'll miss the money but not the hassle and the early starts.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 November, 2009, 11:43:59 PM
The job I've accepted in order to get out of low-paid teaching and into a realistic prospect of a pension isn't that gret aktully. The perks are excellent but it feels like starting yet another apprenticeship. It's the eighth time I've been here.

My entire approach to work has changed philosophically over the last couple of years. If I'd seriously wanted a career of some kind, I should have been fucking people over twenty years ago. It's too late now.

Work is -- when you boil it down -- the process of converting time into food and shelter by means of labour. I will not be judged on the status or merit of the work I do, nor will I allow an employer, ever again, to convince me that there is anything more to our relationship than my expending time in their service and them compensating me for it. Them expecting me to work for no pay is as insulting as me expecting them to pay me for no work.

Do I have food? Do I have shelter? Then I've done enough work to serve its purpose.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

After the work i have lost this year for various reasons i am never going to recommend anyone else again and i am never going to let anyone else know my business and i am never going to do anyone else any favors.

The biggest mistake i ever made this year or ever was recommending another company.

Never Ever Again.

I dont trust anyone anymore.

House of Usher

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 November, 2009, 02:59:41 PM
My entire approach to work has changed philosophically over the last couple of years. If I'd seriously wanted a career of some kind, I should have been fucking people over twenty years ago. It's too late now.

Wise words, mate. I feel the same way, especially the bit about fucking people over. I really think it's too late for me now too, hence accepting a graduate entry-level post 16 years after graduating. I have come to see work as just something I have to do to pay my way, and if it's well paid and comfortable then so much the better.
STRIKE !!!

Hell Trekker

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 November, 2009, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 28 November, 2009, 11:43:59 PM

Work is -- when you boil it down -- the process of converting time into food and shelter by means of labour. I will not be judged on the status or merit of the work I do, nor will I allow an employer, ever again, to convince me that there is anything more to our relationship than my expending time in their service and them compensating me for it. Them expecting me to work for no pay is as insulting as me expecting them to pay me for no work.

Do I have food? Do I have shelter? Then I've done enough work to serve its purpose.

Cheers

Jim

Words to live by right there!

Mike Gloady

You beat me to it, Hell-Treker.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Quote...nor will I allow an employer, ever again, to convince me that there is anything more to our relationship than my expending time in their service and them compensating me for it.

How I wish I'd understood this most basic of life lessons 20 years ago.  I've been shafted be employers I "trusted" so often that you could drive a rad-wagon up my metaphorical jacksee - entire years of my life have vanished into pits of unpaid overtime, of 7-day weeks and 14-hour days, as I worked to get projects finished because We're All In This Together, It Has To Be Done, And It'll Be Better Soon.  Now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I do my best not to be that bastard, but so often it's impossible:  no matter what extra lengths someone has gone to, no matter how much I like and respect the person, when there's no money in the bank I can't pay them. You can soften things by stretching contracts out beyond sense,  buying pints, souping up expenses, and insisting that people only work the hours they're paid for, but ultimately it's "thanks for everything, see ya".  That's work.