Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

ming

Hurray!  Glorious... Time for a quiet lie down, I'd imagine.  Great stuff, Mark.  :)

EDIT: (although it's still for sale via the Illo Cupboard, so you may want to check it's not just a really good photocopy  ;))

Spikes

KA-BOOM!!!!

Well, thats certainly summat very special indeed, isnt it.  :thumbsup:
Congratulations Mark!

Greg M.

Fantastic piece! You were after that one for a while, right? Must be good to get your hands on it. O'Neill is the undisputed master.

Frank

There's something fantastically pubic about that fantastic bit of classic O'Neill - congratulations, neebs. At this rate, forum members will soon own enough golden age 2000ad original art to make a reprint collection which doesn't rely on poor reproductions taken from newsprint a realistic possibility. Here's Steve Cook's blog entry on the fantastically coloured production art version of that image:

http://secret-oranges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/young-nemesis.html

Sideshow Bob

Wow !!   :o
A great piece of artwork,  Mark...
That one, and your Clint Langley Nemesis,  are without doubt two of the best Nemesis pieces I've seen !!..
Well done...
You must be a very happy man..
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Quote from: Greg M. on 02 May, 2013, 06:15:19 PM
Fantastic piece! You were after that one for a while, right? Must be good to get your hands on it. O'Neill is the undisputed master.

Yes! I paid a deposit waaaaaaaaay back in January (well, it seems an age anyway) and finally paid it off last week. Had to let some things go that I would have liked to own but to finally see this in the flesh is amazing. My hands were trembling a little unwrapping it...

Colin YNWA

Well that's it then hippynumber1 has won. Its all over.

Well done.

Link Prime

Astounding piece Mark.

I've also recently purchased a new piece of Nemesis original art, though probably cost nowhere near as much as your O'Neill.

I will say this though...it's one of the most expensive pages I've ever bought, and it's something that you lot probably haven't seen before.

To be continued...

Skullmo

That is a stunning page! Well done on acquiring it!

I would love some O'neil and this is one of his best pages!!! Love it. :P
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 May, 2013, 09:17:43 PM
I will say this though...it's one of the most expensive pages I've ever bought, and it's something that you lot probably haven't seen before.

To be continued...

Interesting. Very interesting.

Hawkmumbler

Holy bunions that's nice Nemesis art ain't it!

Greg M.

In honour of the recent forum art competition, here's one of the equally recent additions to my collection:

Poor old Dogbrain.

Link Prime

DOGBRAIN!!!!  :'(

Great page Greg.

hippynumber1

Lovely stuff Greg; gotta love Bad Company!