Main Menu

DEATH - It's a mystery - my first feature film.

Started by goochoid, 04 December, 2010, 10:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goochoid

Hi  - I'm a long term 2000AD reader and have graced the pages of input about 5 times since 1989! Prolific or what!?

I know we're all very excited about DREDD but I'm directing my first feature film in Jan entitled DEATH (not Judge). It's right up 2000AD's alley. I hope you will enjoy it -Please have a look at the promo on my website - martingooch.com.

If anyone would like to help me make this - I would appreciate it! There is still a lot to be done.

I've had references to 2000AD in my other short films (See Arthur's Amazing Things) and hope to have a few in this epic.

Funnily enough my first proper job in the film industry was on the First Judge Dredd - I worked in the Visual effects unit. Since then I've worked on 13 features in the camera department, and written 14! So hopefully I know what I'm doing.

I also write the screenplay to for a BAD COMPANY film, Rebellion have it, but don't seem to want to do anything with it. Maybe if DREDD is a success?

JOE SOAP

goochoid

Hi -

They loved the BAD COMPANY screenplay and we spoke of doing things with it - sending it off to Hollywood, Sony, WB, etc, but nothing ever happened. I am still trying, but there is clearly a reticence to invest in development of screenplays.

I cannot understand why there are not more 2000AD related stories out there as screenplays, some would be expensive obviously, but there are many 2000AD stories that would not be that expensive - Button Man, Summer Magi, Savage  - or even Strontium Dog TV Series like X-Files/Doctor Who/SPOOKS. Would be brilliant.

One day...

Emperor

Welcome, just having a nose around your site...

Quote from: goochoid on 04 December, 2010, 11:13:15 PMI cannot understand why there are not more 2000AD related stories out there as screenplays, some would be expensive obviously, but there are many 2000AD stories that would not be that expensive - Button Man, Summer Magi, Savage  - or even Strontium Dog TV Series like X-Files/Doctor Who/SPOOKS. Would be brilliant.

One day...

Amen brother, amen.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Misanthrope

It is something that has bugged me for a long time.

I very often hear people wishing Hollywood would make this or that, when we have a capable film industry in this country. Sadly, this industry is only content with making unfunny comedies or cockney gangster flicks.

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?