Main Menu

Fearless Press Release

Started by pauljholden, 28 August, 2007, 12:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

August 23rd, 2007 (Berkeley, CA) - This November GROUNDED's Mark Sable, 2000 AD's P.J. Holden and industry newcomer David Roth reinvent what it means to be a man without fear with FEARLESS, an all-new full color four-issue miniseries.

"If you're going to do a superhero book these days you really need to do something unique," says Mark Sable. "FEARLESS is far from typical. The lead is a literal man without fear, as behind the mask he's paralyzed with a crippling anxiety disorder, but an anti-fear drug enables him to fight the war on crime. A life of dependency crashes down when his supply runs completely dry. What comes next is the crux of the series."

Sable is best known for his work on the critically-acclaimed GROUNDED and artist P.J. Holden is revered for his work on 2000 AD, while co-writer David Roth has a background in film and television. However, the itch to work in comics has been a long time coming.

David Roth explains, "This has been an amazing experience. Working with people as talented as Mark and PJ in this new medium has been a creative windfall. From inception to execution, it seems like every idea becomes a possibility, while this unprecedented level of control over the process has been both rewarding and educational. I couldn't be happier with the results of our collaboration on FEARLESS."

FEARLESS #1 (SEP071951), a 32-page full color four-issue miniseries with a cover price of $2.99, will be available for order in the September issue of Previews and will go on sale November 7th.

PJ's blog

Mike Carroll

This could be good. Mark Sable is always worth reading, and I've loved Mr Roth's early work with Van Halen...

El Spurioso

Gasmasks are cool: FACT.

Good work, Peej.  Looks top.

steev.

Richmond Clements

Looking good.
You colouring it yourself?

pauljholden

Coloured by Nick Filardi - who's done all sorts of cool colouring jobs for Image (I think he may also be colouring powers?)

- pj

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Art

Lovely stuff. Is that you on colours?

mogzilla

Bolt-01

From those lovely chaps at FPI...

Link: http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/?p=5186" target="_blank">The FPI Blog