Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: Woolly on 10 May, 2017, 08:45:52 PM
Just thinking... If IM Global are involved in this, then does that mean this is a continuation of the 2012 movie universe?

ISTR reading in another thread that IM Global had the rights to the designs from 2012.

I don't know how it works, there were lots of different partners.

It could be they want to break from that to re-assert rights with the bonus that it would put a line under the bootleg 2012 stuff.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Perhaps, out on the mean streets a Cops-style handheld camera style depicting the everyday misery that passes for life in the big bad Meg. More conventional TV direction when you move inside buildings so you can shoot that in the studio. Whatever style they go for I'm just happy it's a happenin'!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Woolly on 10 May, 2017, 08:45:52 PM
Just thinking... If IM Global are involved in this, then does that mean this is a continuation of the 2012 movie universe?

ISTR reading in another thread that IM Global had the rights to the designs from 2012.

Consider the aesthetic of the promo image and what they say in the video.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Trooper McFad

SOOOOoooooo excited that this may/will happen I hope they do go down another characters main view of Megacity One with bit parts of the Main man and other big characters if and when the stories need them. I do hope they go for quality and not quantity. Watching 20 plus episodes each season of Flash/Arrow/Gotham and Shield I do struggle sometimes - unless they get Sh**hot writers to keep the audience on the edge of their seats.
It's a no brainier the the folk on here would put up with a few mediocre episodes but money talks and if it doesn't draw in a new audience it won't last too long.  :(
Anyway enough of the doom and gloom this could be awesome  :thumbsup: If it works for this what could be next out the catalogue?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Mardroid

GREAT NEWS!

I'm interested to see that the poster actually references four hundred million, rather than the eight hundred million citizens of the film.

So different reality? Or have the major disasters that affected the citizens in the comic happened between film and TV show? A bit more back-story to mine?

Whether a continuation from the film or not, I think I'll happy as long as it is done well. It would be nice if Karl Urban could return to do his stuff, though, but I wouldn't mind a uniform*  and some of the weirdness closer to the comics.

*Actually styles would work for me.

Goaty

Glad it got UK production. Hope they use wonderful stories and many great writers from 2000AD and directors as Duncan Jones and Edgar Wright.

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 May, 2017, 09:45:37 PM
*Actually styles would work for me.

Correction: Actually both styles work for me.

A.Cow

And, apparently, there's already a trailer out for it....

https://youtu.be/fTN2YWyyE_E

On a more serious note, we should be a tiny bit cautious.  Online research indicates that production partner Mark Stern (of IM Global) seems to have built a reputation in his time at SyFy for bigging-up projects, only for them to never make it out of the development stage...

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

ABCwarBOT

Just heard about this and sounds quite promising and exciting.   I remember suggesting in the Dredd thread why not call any next film etc Mega City One so it's great to see that title being used (not that I'm suggesting I influenced anything of course.........mind you...you never know ;)). 

I hope they plough plenty of money into this and use stories from the comics.   

SuperSurfer

A tv series they say? Don't know what all the fuss is about. What would be the point of that? THUDD!

Pete Wells

Ha ha ha  Supersurfer!

I hope Alex Garland is involved in this, that'd be awesome!

Richard

Very excited about this. Would love it to be Karl Urban, but we'll see.