Main Menu

At the minute....I'm watching....

Started by WoD, 01 November, 2004, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

'Bridget Jones's Diary': I watched it ages ago. It was a lot better than I though it would be. If Hugh Grant hadn't been in it, it would have been a great movie.

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah the book has some halarious single women in-jokes in there, even for us tom-boy girlies.

The gruddamn 'englishness', ie camped up queens english for the yank audience, naffs me off in all these brit films.

i was struck when watching parkie ( for first time ever ) the other week , at how lovely charming & gorgeous the real Rennee zzzwhatsit is, she looks NOTHING like bridgit either.  but i didnt fancy her as much as kevin spacey, he really wierds me out, scary/attractive , love the southern accent too ! mmm

Tiplodocus

Well, just watched

STARSKY and HUTCH.  Pretty poor really. The only half decent jokes were spoilered in the trailer. Bastards.  Much as Ilove Owen Wilson, I wish he'd do something to stretch himself. It would have been better if they'd been cast the other way around.  best bit - the start of the trailer for ALIAS SEASON 2 - "What was wrong with the black?" - sexy and funny - "I gotta get me some of that".

TIMELINE - Michael Crichton tosh and nonsense. Emminently predictable - like a bad Future Shock.  Far too much running around woods and villages - in fact it oft times reminded me of a poor episode of Doctor Who - one of the historical ones rather than a Dalek invasion - except it had none of the charm or wit.  Good excuse for some Scottish characters for a change - that Gerard Butler - he'll be the next Jamesh Bond  sho he will.  In fAct, him and Anna Friel's romance was better than the one of the two american stars of the film. Hah.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Queen Firey-Bou

i just watched I robot again, which was pointless as ive seen it & juvey went to bed half wey thru. s'good tho.

then the hall of fame is/was on, i turned it down & left in disgust when our Robbie got the 90's.  i mean , reeeeelly !?

now i know U2 are U2, blahhhdy blahhh, BUT, i realise i havent actually hear an album since like the late 80's. ive never met anyone who bought them post mullet. i have the earlies on vinyl of course...  the singles ive liked, why doesn no-one buy the albums ?
is it cos theyre shite?
or are we all put off my bono being a big eejit ?
are they any good ?
is it something that people only listen to in secret ?

mondocoyote

Because of the language barrier I can only watch what's serialised at the video shop so at the moment its 24 series3 and The Shield.  and some Tales of the Unexpected.   Im trying with some japanese anime too,  Monster is quite good but the wife has to translate.

Floyd-the-k

Good news; my video shop has a bunch of shiny new Monkey DVDs.
Bad news: it isn`t the `monkey` I remember but a new Chinese one
Good news: it looks like fun

yours working with the `aba ranger` theme song ringing in his earshttp://rns.nttvisual.com/press/toei/abaranger.jpg">

Revelation 6:8

CapKlep

I've found a great website this past week that lets me download all the English shows i've been missing in the 2 1/2 years since leaving England.

Recently downloaded:
Have I got news for you, Q1, Garth Marehghi, Harry Hills TV Burp, Little Britain.

This website has saved my sanity as Canadian Tv generally sucks arse.

Cheers,
Adam

janus stark

was going to say im watching nothing at the moment now the sopranoes has finished .
but living  channel are repeating the catherine tate show on friday nights,didnt get any rave reviews when shown on bbc2 earlier this year.
its worth watching just for old women swearing,you cant beat that.

Tiplodocus

Just thought I would necropost this old thread (obviously before LAST MOVIE WATCHED and CURRENT BOXSET ADDICTION) because it shocked me when I realised BSG remake and Deadwood were 15 years ago.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!