Main Menu

Hellboy on five..

Started by Hoagy, 23 September, 2007, 08:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

The film doesn't live up to its trailer. I think I prefer Blade II.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Jared Katooie

Blade 2 was super.

Hellboy's a very impressive film visually, but the plot is not so good. Overall: average.

If you like it though, you should get the three disc set. That is one sweet set.

Artificial Idiot

I've only seen it once, and was out when it was on TV - But I loved it a lot more than I thought I was going too. It's not perfect, and in places it's incredibly daft - But it can also surprise you, and pull something extremely cool, emotional or serious out of the bag from time to time. A nice mix.

That said, I haven't read a Hellboy comic, so maybe if I had my point of view would be coloured differently.

Eric Plumrose

>> Blade 2 was super.

Your Music Television has woozified your brain, young Jared.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Jared Katooie

Hey! I know quality when I see it!

I guess not everyone can appreciate the subtle, sophisticated genius that is Blade 2.

Heheh. Especially the bit where he calls Ron Perlman a "nipplehead". Hurhurhur.

Roger Godpleton

Blade 2 is the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen, I think I lost like 70 IQ points just from the "banter" between Ron Perlman and Kris Kristoffeson. Is the one with Triple H and Jessica Biel any good?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

the shutdown man

"Is the one with Triple H and Jessica Biel any good?"

No. No it is not.

I've noticed that Blade 1 and 2 tend to divide opinions, most people like one and not the other (Personally I think they're both cool) But everyone seems to be able to agree that Blade Trinity was absolute gick.

Also, as much as I like Ron Perlman, Guillermo Del Toro and superhero movies in general, I gotta say I thought Hellboy sucked. Granted, I knew nothing of the source material, but I went in with an open mind, the trailer looked cool, and Hellboy himself looked excellent, but the film itself was just crap.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Peter Wolf

I liked Blade one very much .Blade 2 i didnt enjoy as much really as i didnt think it was asgood as the first.However i do very much like the actress who played the female vampire who died at the end of the film.What a stunning amazing looking woman she is.

Blade 3 i have not seen.Yet.Maybe i wont bother.

Hi ho its off to work i go.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death