Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by von Boom, 25 April, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 27 March, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
I love this game but it's kicking my ass.had I been on the Nostromo I'd have died before Kane.Save system causing me biggest problem in that I keep forgetting to save.Modern games have been bloody spoiling me with their auto saves.
Save every time you see a save point...and don't, as I did, assume that you're safe when doing so. The alien can pop up and spike you a new one in the few seconds it takes to do.

HdE

People are still talking about this and playing it? Awesome!

I had my first chance in ages to sit down and play it for a bit mid-week. I'm still not even halfway through, and I'll admit that every time I clap eyes on the Alien it's still terrifying. 

Currently playing through a section where the Alien has just dropped through a ceiling vent as I'm trying to find my way into a locked infirmary. What makes this so stressful is that the area has literally nowhere I can hide save for a few lockers and containers. There are no doors anywhere I can lock to keep the bastard at bay, and I could literally run into it at any moment. Simple things like that really ratchet up the tension.

In efforts to preserve my manliness and convince myself that I'm NOT reduced to a trembling wreck by a bunch of pixels on a screen, I've taken to apeing this comic whenever it's clear I'm about to become Xeno food:

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Link Prime

Quote from: HdE on 27 March, 2015, 06:51:17 PM
Currently playing through a section where the Alien has just dropped through a ceiling vent as I'm trying to find my way into a locked infirmary. What makes this so stressful is that the area has literally nowhere I can hide save for a few lockers and containers. There are no doors anywhere I can lock to keep the bastard at bay, and I could literally run into it at any moment. Simple things like that really ratchet up the tension.

It's one of the most intense sections of the game- prior to obtaining the flamethrower (and ability to make the creature temporarily retreat).
There's a trophy for completing this section without dying- I only managed on 'easy'.

PDitta

*****SPOILERS******

******HERE BE SPOILERS*******

You have been warned

Once the first Alien is flushed away, (after a bug that meant I couldn't trigger the cutscene to end the level and had to redo the ENTIRE level) the pace does drop somewhat. I found the last 1/3 a real slog. The nest was cool, though. But yes, this game is harder than a diamond coated daystick.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Damn I've got the dreaded black screen that comes out of nowhere. Looks like I can't play A.I due to Hardware/software issues. No cure on line as far as I can tell. Boo! Thought  it re created the atmosphere of the original Alien film brilliantly. Enjoy it folks.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zenith 666

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 02 April, 2015, 08:10:04 PM
Damn I've got the dreaded black screen that comes out of nowhere. Looks like I can't play A.I due to Hardware/software issues. No cure on line as far as I can tell. Boo! Thought  it re created the atmosphere of the original Alien film brilliantly. Enjoy it folks.

You can reload at the previous mission and replay through from there.I know for a fact that there is a gamebreaking bug around mission 15/16 and only reloading from previous mission can you continue playing.only just received the flamethrower.love this game but hard is actually HARD.