Main Menu

You know you're an auld bugger when...

Started by auxlen, 05 November, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: staticgirl on 12 November, 2015, 03:09:18 PM
When you get told only old people listen to dubstep (my mind boggled a bit). I have no idea what they're listening to now. It appears to be ye olde fashioned drum and bass?

Quote from: Old Tankie on 12 November, 2015, 06:01:44 PM
What is dubstep?

What's drum and bass???

JayzusB.Christ

Dubstep is the little platform where people kneel to be knighted by the queen.  Or alternatively the stage in film-making where they add the foreign language voice-over.

Sorry. While my knowledge is scant, it's a kind of unlistenable,  slowed-down version of drum and bass music.  I think.

Edit: apologies, shao lin.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Minkyboy

As far as I understand, Dubstep is heavy on the WUB WUB WUB noises.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Mardroid

...when you get home feeling really achy after work, which mainly involves sitting behind a desk.

I did shift some heavy containers, not long before I left, but it's mainly my legs that were aching. (I do walk a while too, on the way home, but I do that every day. I don't ache that much usually!)

ZenArcade

A quirky foxtrot popular in the capital of Ireland. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

O Lucky Stevie!

...when your mate who writes for them music rags has supplied the linear notes for an anniversary re-issue of a bunch of records that you bought just after you left uni.

[img=http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/images/TELESCOPES%20creation%20recordings%20low.jpg][/img]
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

shaolin_monkey

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

A visit to the doctor includes the doctor wearing you like a hand puppet.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: von Boom on 18 November, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

Get your Lawyer and sue!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 18 November, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

Now here's an interesting thing (to me).  This  medical bum fun has never happened to me at the Doctors. Nor indeed has the ball-cupping beloved of movie draft-board medics. In fact, at 44 I have never had what popular culture has intimated to me constitutes a 'checkup', never mind a 'full medical' - not even when I took out Life Insurance a dozen years back. In my defense while I'm overweight, prone to one bad cold and one bad chesty thing a year, and seem to be developing arthritis in my right elbow and both knees*, I'm otherwise in good health (physical, that is - mentally I'm a fecking trainwreck).  I'd say I darken the door of my GP once every two years tops, have spent exactly one night in hospital over 30 years ago, and last troubled A&E for stitches in 1991.

Should I be demanding a periodic fumbling of my nethers and measuring of my vitals?

*Steady now, it's exactly what you think.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tordelback on 18 November, 2015, 04:02:48 PMShould I be demanding a periodic fumbling of my nethers and measuring of my vitals?

Only if you missed-out on The Golden Age of Irish Catholicism.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 November, 2015, 04:12:54 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 18 November, 2015, 04:02:48 PMShould I be demanding a periodic fumbling of my nethers and measuring of my vitals?

Only if you missed-out on The Golden Age of Irish Catholicism.

So that's what a  Doctor of Divinity does, I did wonder.