Main Menu

2000AD Mailing Address? Or An Email?

Started by gogtzilas, 24 September, 2010, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogtzilas

hello...
i'm planning to submit my artwork to 2000AD...can anyone help by sending me the mailing address or an email address of an editor or a person who is responsible for submissions? thank you....
also here is one of the samples i 'm planning to send...
more info and sampls of art of mine here:  http://vassilisgogtzilas.blogspot.com/

Emperor

Yes the address currently missing (or was previously) but hopefully this will be fixed eventually. It has come up before so I'll just point you there:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,23121.msg397259.html#msg397259
www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,24196.msg415749.html#msg415749

Nice art by the way but you will have to follow the submissions guidelines to make sure you aren't wasting your time:

www.2000adonline.com/submissions

Tharg isn't just looking for who can drew a good Dredd but also someone who can tell a story sequentially. You can get sample scripts and see other people's work on them here:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27411.0.html

Good luck.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

gogtzilas

Colin YNWA

By the way love those pen and ink sketches very reminds me of Tony DeZuniga's recent work.

BMB

When sending Future Shock scripts, is it one at a time only? I saw that written somewhere but now I can't find any specifics if it still applies.

I've been taking my 10-20-30 page Stark Reality scripts and shearing them down to Future Shocks for a personal challenge and feedback from the mighty one would be invaluable. Even if it is just to tell me how much I stink. :D

Emperor

Quote from: BMB on 25 September, 2010, 12:49:08 AM
When sending Future Shock scripts, is it one at a time only?

Yes indeed - sharky sent one, waited a bit, sent another one and was asked to only send one at a time.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

BMB

Thank you very much. :D

Now the stress of trying to choose which one I think reads best...like I'm going not bald fast enough. :P

BMB

Update to say that I got a response (polite NOOOOO! :D ) in about 4 months! Awesome!

Sounds silly, but I'm so used to not hearing anything ever from submissions even a no feels like a mini-victory. :D

Christov

Lucky you, mine has been gone for around 14 months and I've heard nowt back.

I have however discovered the joys of small press and independent work, which is 100% more fulfilling*.

* slight lie, I'd shit enough bricks to make a leisure centre if I ever got a story into AD

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Christov on 11 February, 2011, 02:21:37 AM

I'd take that as a rejection then.

Bolt-01

BMB- Shame, but Tharg has very exacting standards. Still, means you will have more time for SPress work!

BMB

It was almost on a whim really, art is always where my heart is. I just feel like I might have a few good Future Shocks in me.

(Basically, distilled versions of a few of my old Stark reality stories)

...actually, are you interested in a slightly second hand script Mr Bolt? :P

Don't answer that. :D

Christov

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 11 February, 2011, 07:42:59 AM
Quote from: Christov on 11 February, 2011, 02:21:37 AM

I'd take that as a rejection then.

Or it's festering behind a radiator somewhere.

we66y

I went to the bristol comic convention a few years ago. A friend andmyself both showed our art to the then tharg who was actually interested my friends stuff, but being a bit of a pot head he blew his chance by not following it up.  But if you're trying to get your foot in the door I recommend doing the conventions portfolio in hand.

Emperor

Quote from: we66y on 28 February, 2011, 05:46:34 PM
I went to the bristol comic convention a few years ago. A friend andmyself both showed our art to the then tharg who was actually interested my friends stuff, but being a bit of a pot head he blew his chance by not following it up.  But if you're trying to get your foot in the door I recommend doing the conventions portfolio in hand.

Get him to sign up here and show us what he's got - you too. There are competitions and challenges and just general threads for showing off your latest work. Granted you should always follow up even the merest sniff of interest but no one should give up at after just one try.